Anyone experiencing glitches with the Note 5?

aljones22

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 64GB for about a week and I'm having major problems. It's running worse than my 2 year old Note 3 did before I upgraded. The worst is that it often fails to send text messages (I get an error 34) and I have to resend. This happens particularly when I'm on WiFi, which is stranger. It's also slow to respond very often. Typing a text takes forever sometimes as the letters don't appear when i hit the keys. The screen fails to respond sometimes for awhile; when I try to open and app or decline a call, nothing happens at first. I do a profile update at least daily and have had to restart several times. Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 64GB for about a week and I'm having major problems. It's running worse than my 2 year old Note 3 did before I upgraded. The worst is that it often fails to send text messages (I get an error 34) and I have to resend. This happens particularly when I'm on WiFi, which is stranger. It's also slow to respond very often. Typing a text takes forever sometimes as the letters don't appear when i hit the keys. The screen fails to respond sometimes for awhile; when I try to open and app or decline a call, nothing happens at first. I do a profile update at least daily and have had to restart several times. Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

Go to settings, Storage and clear apps cache data, then power off your phone, press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until you see the Android robot, once in Recovery mode user your volume buttons to navigate and power to select, do a Wipe Cache Partition, reboot and see if it gets better.

If the above doesnt help, with all those errors I'd suggest you to go back to recovery mode and do a Wipe data/Factory reset, just be sure to do a full backup first using Samsung Smart Switch so together with Google backup at least you have your media restored and some of your settings.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I've had my SwiftKey keyboard stall when in the default text message app only. But I cleared the text message app cache and it stopped. All other errors you've experienced are foreign to me and I think you may wanna take that back and exchange. Just sounds like a faulty device.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Dude, get an exchange, sounds like a lemon. You should be well within your return window and a new phone should not act like that or require you to perform technical analysis and remediation in order to perform at the standard you paid for. Better safe than sorry..

Posted via the Android Central App

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that action memo sometimes won't let me write on some parts of the screen. when I close the memo and start a new one, all works well. I don't know why it randomly does that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Dude, get an exchange, sounds like a lemon. You should be well within your return window and a new phone should not act like that or require you to perform technical analysis and remediation in order to perform at the standard you paid for. Better safe than sorry..

Before returning, you would have to do a factory data reset anyway, so go ahead and do that and don't install any apps and see if you still have the problem.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Cptdano

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
If I go to settings/sound and notifications/ringtones and sounds//messages notifications it stalls and crashes settings. Love the "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." note. Great, but now what?

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the Package Disabler app? If you have disabled something that settings accesses, this will crash the setting(s) which do so.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Before returning, you would have to do a factory data reset anyway, so go ahead and do that and don't install any apps and see if you still have the problem.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I'm going through some same things with my Note 5:
- The key board jams up sometimes, including the fist day when I set up my phone.
- the auto brightness kicks in when I have it disabled.
- I've had apps freeze and or the home screen. It hasn't been that bad but i paid too much for all this stuff to happen out of the box.
- I have a display turned off in the CM security app so that I don't see it in my lock screen, and sometimes the phone just decides to show the screen anyway. If I turn the phone off and on again it recognize the setting fine, but...

For the people that are asking about have you done a factory reset (I have done a factory reset recently and still have the same issues. I did not try going without my downloaded apps), what apps do you have, etc. My $150 LG G Stylo was able to handle all the same stuff much better right out of the box, no problem.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Lol

I swear it seems like nothing works. The Note 5 I have is a little glitchy, Evernote has had some problems, my e-mails that I delete keep coming back to my inbox. I cant tell how much is my own ignorance of the technology and how much is just bad products.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol

I swear it seems like nothing works. The Note 5 I have is a little glitchy, Evernote has had some problems, my e-mails that I delete keep coming back to my inbox. I cant tell how much is my own ignorance of the technology and how much is just bad products.

This phone isn't bad product at all. Now you could have a phone that has a problem.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Yah I am in the process of trying to send it in for a replacement. I want to give it another chance but I can not be playing around with trying to get this thing working. I need a dependable device. Nexus 6 is half the price and tried and true. I need my phone working every at work, plus I paid too much to be having to work on the phone all the time. It has turned into a second job, and the moonlightING is getting me in trouble at my real job.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
This phone isn't bad product at all. Now you could have a phone that has a problem.

This phone has been the single biggest frustration I have ever bought. I am on MetroPCS, and the phone in international unlocked. Samsung is just sitting on Thier hands saying I have to find out who manufacturedo the device. They will "fix it" if they can and will not replace it because it is not an American phone. Samsung sent me two towns away on a wild goose chase to best buy to get the phone flashed, which they can not do because it in an international unlocked phone that is not in Thierry system. Samsung should have known all this on the phone. I have been on hold listening to advertisementioned about how great the Note 5 is and their customer service all day, dropped calls, patronized, put in hold, talking to robotic people that don't speak fluent English, lied to, mislead, accused of doing something other than buying an $800 piece, all just to find out their is nothing they can do for me except waist my time and hopes. Looks like I'm goingto just have to send it in for a refund, and get what phone I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This phone has been the single biggest frustration I have ever bought. I am on MetroPCS, and the phone in international unlocked. Samsung is just sitting on Thier hands saying I have to find out who manufacturedo the device. They will "fix it" if they can and will not replace it because it is not an American phone. Samsung sent me two towns away on a wild goose chase to best buy to get the phone flashed, which they can not do because it in an international unlocked phone that is not in Thierry system. Samsung should have known all this on the phone. I have been on hold listening to advertisementioned about how great the Note 5 is and their customer service all day, dropped calls, patronized, put in hold, talking to robotic people that don't speak fluent English, lied to, mislead, accused of doing something other than buying an $800 piece, all just to find out their is nothing they can do for me except waist my time and hopes. Looks like I'm goingto just have to send it in for a refund, and get what phone I don't know.

Samsung USA does not and never has, supported international versions. Other Samsungs do not support Samsung USA versions. This is why I have never purchased an international version.

Your options are very limited with a Samsung international phone in the US. I checked on all this a couple of years ago when I was thinking about buying an international version and I changed my mind after finding out my options were limited.

You would do better to have an unlocked carrier version that will work on MetroPCS.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, Storage and clear apps cache data, then power off your phone, press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until you see the Android robot, once in Recovery mode user your volume buttons to navigate and power to select, do a Wipe Cache Partition, reboot and see if it gets better.

What does this do exactly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital