Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back but not until the iPhone 6s is released. I'm having a lot of texting issues, specifically with group texts. Samsung and AT&T just keep pointing fingers at each other and nobody can fix it. Also the battery is the worst I've ever had on any phone. Other than that it's a great phone.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm going back but not until the iPhone 6s is released. I'm having a lot of texting issues, specifically with group texts. Samsung and AT&T just keep pointing fingers at each other and nobody can fix it. Also the battery is the worst I've ever had on any phone. Other than that it's a great phone.

Group texting is a huge issue. Most of my friends have iPhones and either I dont get the group text at all or it comes out of order. Very annoying. Using a cross platform app like Whatapp helps but its still aggravating.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Group texting is a huge issue. Most of my friends have iPhones and either I dont get the group text at all or it comes out of order. Very annoying. Using a cross platform app like Whatapp helps but its still aggravating.

Yep. All my friends and family except one are using iPhones. It works for about 2 weeks and then I either stop seeing texts from one person in the group or I stop getting texts from everyone in the group. The only way to get it working again is for everyone to delete the group thread and start over. Then it will work for another two weeks. I don't have trouble with regular sms at all. It's easier to just switch back to an iPhone than deal with this. I never had this problem with my iPhone. September can't come soon enough. What sucks is I'm paying over $700 for a GS6 and missing texts left and right.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use ChompSMS and in settings I told it to use MMS messages for Group messages -- this resolved all of my group texting issues.

Seth Perry1

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I must be some compatibility issue between iPhone and Android because everyone in my family has android except 2 people and we have no issues with group texting.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep. All my friends and family except one are using iPhones. It works for about 2 weeks and then I either stop seeing texts from one person in the group or I stop getting texts from everyone in the group. The only way to get it working again is for everyone to delete the group thread and start over. Then it will work for another two weeks. I don't have trouble with regular sms at all. It's easier to just switch back to an iPhone than deal with this. I never had this problem with my iPhone. September can't come soon enough. What sucks is I'm paying over $700 for a GS6 and missing texts left and right.

That's definitely reason enough to switch if that is so important to you, but have you realized that this is exactly what Apple has been doing since they released the iMessage? They are basically making things almost impossible to do cross-platforms messaging easy, so people get tired trying and simply give up and stay with them.

First and for a very long time, they made it almost impossible that after you had iMessages with an specific number you could use any other platform, they were basically forced by a Lawsuit I think about a little more than a year ago to provide the tools for the people to unregister for that service. Now even with the user not being registered in the iMessages services, if the rest of the participants of the Group MMS are iMessages users, yes, you are right, the only way it's going to work for the non iPhone user in that group will be to make everybody else delete the Group and begin again.

Great strategy if you ask me, here you have another example and it's working great for them. But dirty tactics like this and a couple of others even more important than this to me, are the main reason that after 3 iPhones in a row I jumped to Android almost about 3. 5 years ago and WILL NEVER, ever get another iPhone again, if Android dies tomorrow I'd simply get a Windows phone. I lost all respect for them as a Company.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Lol. Sorry about your issue. But it's the apple way. Screw up your imessages so you'll either buy a new iPhone or go back to your old one. Classic apple for ya.

Posted via the Android Central App

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Where? if it's on Chrome, then I'd suggest you to try the default browser as it has been verified that the lag on Chrome browsing this, other forums and some heavy loaded pages is because of the JavaScript feature, if you turn it off in Chrome it works perfectly but you are crippling the experience.

If you have Lags on other parts of the UI, then specify when or where so we can give you some advise. Like I've mentioned before my 2 S6 and 4 that I've helped to set, NONE of them are showing any signs of lag, they are running smoothly as they should.

Lags when I press recent app, when I click on the emoji button on the keyboard, the stock browser Lags beyond belief so I am forced to use chrome, holding the home button to open google now Lags 50% of the time, 1 in every 4 times I use the finger print it Lags ( the entire phone freezes for 2-3 Seconds and then unlocks), and the list goes on.

I have factory reseted and cleared catch. I barely have an apps installed. Don't know why this phone lags but it does.

Posted with my shiny s6

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried a 6+ for 6 months, nice device but after using the S6 since early April I'd never go back. My S6 has NO issues and runs circles around my 1GB of RAM 6+. GO Back? No fruckin' way!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Lags when I press recent app, when I click on the emoji button on the keyboard, the stock browser Lags beyond belief so I am forced to use chrome, holding the home button to open google now Lags 50% of the time, 1 in every 4 times I use the finger print it Lags ( the entire phone freezes for 2-3 Seconds and then unlocks), and the list goes on.

I have factory reseted and cleared catch. I barely have an apps installed. Don't know why this phone lags but it does.

Posted with my shiny s6

Again, not a single one of those things occurred in any of my 2 phones or the ones I've set.

So, if you have Factory Reset it, have you done it via menu or Recovery menu, some think it does the same, but because of old habits and experiences where I saw Factory Resets leaving some apps and Data intact, since then I've never done it via the menu and I've always done it via Recovery Menu. Do a Wipe cache Partition and then do the Wipe data/Factory Reset also, obviously if you have a good backup of your files and are willing to try once more.

I think you should have one or possible even more of your default apps causing havoc, so if you want to try something before the factory reset, you can always boot in safe mode and work as you normally do on your phone, if it behaves better then it's a rogue app that's is causing your issue, then do the rest for sure.

First thing I'd do after the reset is to set it as a new device, not restore from a backup, then look for my thread about Tips, tweaks and tricks and believe me, remove all bloatware you'll never use, Samsung, Google and now even Microsoft, in addition to any carriers bloat. Remove SVoice from Samsung, if you are like most of people that hate the new Briefing app, remove it, if you want the same but not so intrusive, just install the original Flipboard app.

With the above and enabling Developer options and changing animations in there to. 0.5x or off, performance should be greatly improved. Try and see and then let us know if it worked for you.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Again, not a single one of those things occurred in any of my 2 phones or the ones I've set.

So, if you have Factory Reset it, have you done it via menu or Recovery menu, some think it does the same, but because of old habits and experiences where I saw Factory Resets leaving some apps and Data intact, since then I've never done it via the menu and I've always done it via Recovery Menu. Do a Wipe cache Partition and then do the Wipe data/Factory Reset also, obviously if you have a good backup of your files and are willing to try once more.

I think you should have one or possible even more of your default apps causing havoc, so if you want to try something before the factory reset, you can always boot in safe mode and work as you normally do on your phone, if it behaves better then it's a rogue app that's is causing your issue, then do the rest for sure.

First thing I'd do after the reset is to set it as a new device, not restore from a backup, then look for my thread about Tips, tweaks and tricks and believe me, remove all bloatware you'll never use, Samsung, Google and now even Microsoft, in addition to any carriers bloat. Remove SVoice from Samsung, if you are like most of people that hate the new Briefing app, remove it, if you want the same but not so intrusive, just install the original Flipboard app.

With the above and enabling Developer options and changing animations in there to. 0.5x or off, performance should be greatly improved. Try and see and then let us know if it worked for you.

This is my second s6, the first one had a pink tint on the bottom half of the screen so I exchanged it. Both phones laged like no tomorrow. I always set my device as new and as far as factory reseting goes I do it via recovery. I already tried booting in safe mode (to try and trouble shoot battery drain issues) and even in safe mode the phone lags, especially the keyboard.

I'm not complaining. This is a lot smoother than my previous note 3 and it doesn't lag nearly as much as that, BUT this phone Lags A LOT.

Posted with my shiny s6

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the S6, but I've been going back and forth between my M9 w/ Moto 360 and iPhone 6 every few days lately. I honestly think if I had an Apple Watch I might just use the iPhone all the time. I do like the customization of Android, but somehow things just don't seem quite as consistent.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is my second s6, the first one had a pink tint on the bottom half of the screen so I exchanged it. Both phones laged like no tomorrow. I always set my device as new and as far as factory reseting goes I do it via recovery. I already tried booting in safe mode (to try and trouble shoot battery drain issues) and even in safe mode the phone lags, especially the keyboard.

I'm not complaining. This is a lot smoother than my previous note 3 and it doesn't lag nearly as much as that, BUT this phone Lags A LOT.

Posted with my shiny s6

Well, there was a lot of the other information and suggestions I posted that you don't mention if you have tried it or not, but anyways, there are them, you may try to see if that helps, for now, simply get rid of that keyboard and use Google Keyboard or SwiftKey.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I actually don't recommend changing the animation speeds. Speeding up the animation time gives the perceived effect that the phone is more erratic and unpredictable. This is just a theory but I think psychologically we perceive the phone as more robust, reliable and predictable if we can actually see the animations occurring. The animation speed needs to be just right, not to slow not to fast and I think they have done a pretty good job.

dreaming of electric sheep

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
What is this lag everyone is complaining about? I've been using this phone since launch and have no lag issues what's so ever. I'm just glad I've got a solid Device that's very realiable and hasn't failed me functionally.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174