Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Considering I'm doing literally nothing on it would you be?

Exactly was does "doing literally nothing" mean. If its meaning staring at the homescreen then I dont even understand why ur keeping the screen on at all.
The screen itself is by the way the nr1 battery killer on every smartphone, just sayin.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Only reason I sold my 6 plus is because the lack of customization. IOS is very boring. Just one big app draw. Lollipop is the only reason why I came back to Android. And since the S6 basically looks exactly like an overgrown iPhone 4s it was a no brainer. I still can't get over the phone using 80% of the ram.

That's how Android works though.. It tries to fills the RAM.

The iPhone can still use a significant amount of its RAM .. They just don't let you see the RAM usage. On a JB iPhone you can see the usage.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Considering I'm doing literally nothing on it would you be?

Why is your screen on for over 3 hours when you say you aren't doing anything?? Obviously you're doing something.

I'll be honest, from the numerous screen captures you've posted, I think you actually have a good battery with very high (unrealistic) expectations. You look like you could get 6 hours SOT with that screen shot.

I truly don't see what's wrong with the stats in your screen shot.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Why is your screen on for over 3 hours when you say you aren't doing anything?? Obviously you're doing something.

I'll be honest, from the numerous screen captures you've posted, I think you actually have a good battery with very high (unrealistic) expectations. You look like you could get 6 hours SOT with that screen shot.

I truly don't see what's wrong with the stats in your screen shot.

You read my posts yet you fail to read the point that I'm not complaining about those days where I reach six hours. Actually go back and reread my posts

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You read my posts yet you fail to read the point that I'm not complaining about those days where I reach six hours. Actually go back and reread my posts

You JUST posted a complaint about your battery and included a screenshot of your battery stats as an example. The screenshot showed an example of normal battery use.

I apologize for apparently being off-base, but I genuinely don't understand how else to interpret that post. I apologize for being disrespectful and I wish you the best.

jerryrip

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, I never look for excuses to spend money. Going back to iPhone wasn't free. Just couldn't deal with all the bugs. You know, maybe it's just I got a bad phone, but this was my THIRD Galaxy s6! The first two were the edge, and both stopped working! The screen stopped rotating on both of them. One within 2 days and the other one on the last day of the two week return policy (talk about luck!). Then I said the hell with the edge, give me the s6. But then I got the poor battery life and constant freezing and lag. :/ after 3 bad experiences it's hard to stay positive

Honestly, where are you people with the numerous problems with your phones buying them from? Some guy on the street? I really want to know. I haven't had ANY of these problems like most of you are describing. So far I've had good battery time and no lagging or dropping of any apps.

ill be switching back once the new iphone is out. android maturity is nowhere near where i thought it would be.

my biggest issue now is i think the resale value of the s6 is gonna be terrible, since no one is even buying them new, let alone used in 3-4 months time.

I disagree. By the time Android and Samsung fix all of these numerous "quirks" and "glitches" (as others have described) in the phone it will be one of the top sellers in the world.

I expected news like this. When I went to the movies on Monday I saw not one not two but THREE ads for the iPhone 6. I had never seen so many ads for it ever. The most logical conclusion for me was that the s6 must currently be outselling it

I agree. And Apple has had the best advertising and promotional help in the market. They've gotten free publicity and promotions ever since they launched this phone, whether it's in film or on television, or even on ads for other products. I walked into a fast food store the other day and they were promoting an "order your order on your phone before you get here" app. Guess who's phone was on the billboard? It wasn't labelled as an iPhone but everyone knows which smartphone it was, with its round home key. It's everywhere, and Apple doesn't pay a cent for all of this free advertising.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
You JUST posted a complaint about your battery and included a screenshot of your battery stats as an example. The screenshot showed an example of normal battery use.

I apologize for apparently being off-base, but I genuinely don't understand how else to interpret that post. I apologize for being disrespectful and I wish you the best.

Read my posts in the battery tips thread by erasat. My problems are with the inconsistency of the battery not the 6-7 hour days that I get

There is actually a problem with the software on the s6 phones with the company I am with that only gives one or two bars of 4g signal to EVERY single device with that company. I had a conversation with tech support yesterday and they told me that they were apparently aware of it so now it's just a case of waiting to see if they push out a fix for it but in the meantime everyone with Telstra is experiencing weak 4g signal and due to this the phone is constantly searching for signal meaning inconsistency in battery life and sometimes battery drainage

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, where are you people with the numerous problems with your phones buying them from? Some guy on the street? I really want to know. I haven't had ANY of these problems like most of you are describing. So far I've had good battery time and no lagging or dropping of any apps.

I disagree. By the time Android and Samsung fix all of these numerous "quirks" and "glitches" (as others have described) in the phone it will be one of the top sellers in the world.

I agree. And Apple has had the best advertising and promotional help in the market. They've gotten free publicity and promotions ever since they launched this phone, whether it's in film or on television, or even on ads for other products. I walked into a fast food store the other day and they were promoting an "order your order on your phone before you get here" app. Guess who's phone was on the billboard? It wasn't labelled as an iPhone but everyone knows which smartphone it was, with its round home key. It's everywhere, and Apple doesn't pay a cent for all of this free advertising.

I bought all THREE of mine from Verizon, not "some guy on the street." And two were from different Verizon stores, so it's not like one store just had a bad batch. And no, the stores were no where even near each other.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

lol why Is it that people have so much trouble believing a phone has flaws?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Read my posts in the battery tips thread by erasat. My problems are with the inconsistency of the battery not the 6-7 hour days that I get

There is actually a problem with the software on the s6 phones with the company I am with that only gives one or two bars of 4g signal to EVERY single device with that company. I had a conversation with tech support yesterday and they told me that they were apparently aware of it so now it's just a case of waiting to see if they push out a fix for it but in the meantime everyone with Telstra is experiencing weak 4g signal and due to this the phone is constantly searching for signal meaning inconsistency in battery life and sometimes battery drainage

Well this issue isn't really a s6 issue then. Sounds very similar to what Sprint and Verizon does around my area. I don't think there is anything anyone at Samsung could do about it, except if you get far enough up the ladder with them for them to be able to straighten it out with your carrier.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Well this issue isn't really a s6 issue then. Sounds very similar to what Sprint and Verizon does around my area. I don't think there is anything anyone at Samsung could do about it, except if you get far enough up the ladder with them for them to be able to straighten it out with your carrier.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Actually it is BOTH their faults because that means Samsung gave my phone company the incorrect phone radio for 4g coverage and they BOTH need to work together to get a fix out

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I like the apps better on the iPhone. Androids versions of bother twitter and Facebook are so clunky. Though I admit I like how on Android any status or picture you post on your account automatically shows on the news feed instead of having to refresh. But twitter on Android is a nightmare compared to ios

My God yes!!! I've tried almost every twitter app for Android and none of them come close to the ones on iOS.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Like I've been saying for a while iOS only real problem for me has been customization, lack thereof. If iPhone allowed me to customize the UI as much as Android I'd sell my S6 for an iPhone {last one owned was 5S}. And no I refuse to jailbreak the device, just as much as I refuse to root my android.

Posted via the Android Central App

Just out of curiosity why do you refuse to jailbreak? I did mine last week it literally took 5 mins and you can customize the hell out of it once your're done.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would like to do it but I heard it can brick the device x__x plus it voids the warranty

Jailbreaking actually can't brick the device. Apple devices are very hard to brick. If a JB goes bad you simply slap it on itunes and factory reset it then you are good to go.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Which is why I'm so excited about the prospects of ios9. Apple are starting to open up more and more and as they continue to do so they are making my decision between an iPhone 7 plus and a sg7 harder lol

I think that an open, customizable ios is basically... Android. The reason Android doesn't run as smoothly (according to some) when compared to ios is because of it's open, highly modifiable nature. So an open modifiable ios, I think will bring some of those issues ppl claim Android has over to ios.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201