Anyone going 'commando'?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm still trying out this new 'baby' haha It's so freakin' light! Is anyone else tempted to go **** naked and skip the case? All the ones I've seen add like more than half the weight of the tablet! And those are the 'slim and light' ones!

I would have preferred the Note 3/Note 10.1/Note Pro back though, the faux leather one... This one I just don't like so much hehe

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually keeping mine in the nice, little pouch that it packaged with haha I like how it feels and handles without a cover, but I'm worried it'll scratch too soon.

ibill1

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I love the book cover. I got it for 1/2 price when I bought the 10.5 and thought at the time "Who in their right mind would pay $75 for this including tax." However, after using it, I would. It is just so perfect for 10.5. The fit and finish is excellent and it adds an elegance to it. The auto on and off is great for closing it up if you're going to be using it again soon. It just shuts off the screen, the biggest battery drainer.

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I love the feel of the Tab S without the case (its crazy light) but do prefer to be hands free at times and decided to get the Samsung book cover. Stinks at full price but if you can get a deal on it, I think it is worth it. Fully 4 positions outside of closed. Like the magnetic flap. Allows for flat without blocking the camera, slightly raised for easy in typing, then raised again for reading and then again for movies, tv, etc. It does add weight though. I just feel the need to protect it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got a WAWO one from Amazon. Not too expensive (although now they're on sale...) and not bulky at all, but it does add some weight. Not too much, but with this tablet, anything will add some weight, right? If the Samsung one were to drop below 25 bucks, I might consider getting one haha Dare to dream? :p

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got a WAWO one from Amazon. Not too expensive (although now they're on sale...) and not bulky at all, but it does add some weight. Not too much, but with this tablet, anything will add some weight, right? If the Samsung one were to drop below 25 bucks, I might consider getting one haha Dare to dream? :p
Honestly if your not hurting for cash the book cover while is over priced is pretty amazing

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you know what, I saw a couple of videos and still not sure because the back portion just flaps around. But it does look stylish.

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm still trying out this new 'baby' haha It's so freakin' light! Is anyone else tempted to go **** naked and skip the case? All the ones I've seen add like more than half the weight of the tablet! And those are the 'slim and light' ones!

I would have preferred the Note 3/Note 10.1/Note Pro back though, the faux leather one... This one I just don't like so much hehe
Too funny! I wanted a bit of protection without the weight - but then read so many posts about cracked screens so I opted for an Otterbox. But yeah, commando was definitely lighter!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine came with the Samsung "cover" from Costco that snaps on the back. I gather the book cover is different.

But I did pick up the Logitech Keyboard case. Works like an easel stand, too. Definitely adds weight and bulk but provides additional places for me to grasp/hold the unit while using it off a table or other surface. Easier in bed, too!

Ahmaduzzy

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine off ebay. Love it. The Samsung cover original for 15.99 free shipping. Best Buy charges 69.99 for the exact same cover. Here's the item number 390955068120.

Posted via the Android Central App

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine off ebay. Love it. The Samsung cover original for 15.99 free shipping. Best Buy charges 69.99 for the exact same cover. Here's the item number 390955068120.

Posted via the Android Central App

While I can make certain presumptions, the pictures actually don't clearly show - does this cover completely wrap around and cover the screen. That is does it protect the screen when not used in one of the easel/stand configurations. Also, does it contain the Standby-Magnet that turns the Tab S on/off when closed and opened?

I have the book cover that came with the Costco purchase which does contain the standby magnet and wraps and protects the screen. I also have the Logitech Keyboard case but clearly it is thicker and heavier when you don't need the keyboard along for the "ride."

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear