Anyone got scratches on their Gear S?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered two different kinds of screen protectors for my Gear S when I got it in mid January. To date I have not applied a single one and I also have not one scratch not even a tiny one. Just wondering how other people's Gears are holding up to scratches?

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found any screen protectors for mine. In the few months I have had it, I don't have any scratches on it. If I knew where to get screen protector for it I would get them and put one on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I have had ours since they came out in the US (over 3 months) and neither of us has any scratches. And our other devices are full of cracks and dings - so we are not gentle on our devices.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Pre1561 I got mine on amazon.com in case you're wanting to buy any. Would be nice if they would make phones that didn't scratch like these don't at least so far looks like they hold up pretty well.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Pre1561 I got mine on amazon.com in case you're wanting to buy any. Would be nice if they would make phones that didn't scratch like these don't at least so far looks like they hold up pretty well.
I agree. As mentioned on another thread, don't waste your time in putting on a screen protector as I did with mine, only to peel it off a month ago. No scratches on mine, screen is clearer and smoother. In fact, I remember watching a video from Samsung before release NOT to put a screen protector on.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Bumped into several door sills and desk edges, and even scraped against a roughly textured wall. No scratches yet!

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No scratches but I do work in an industrial setting so I am cautious. I put the first one on and like the feel of the carbon fiber more than the plastic against my skin and I think the clasp looks better clad in carbon fiber. I figured I would strip the screen protector off as soon is it shows any sign of damage but more than a month and no nothing and it is only slightly stickier than the screen and just as clear.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Gear S Screen Protector + Black Carbon Fiber Full Body Skin Protector / Front Anti-Bubble Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Free Replacements - Retail Packaging: Cell Pho

I have a 6-pack of these waiting in the wings because that's how I roll.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4252962

77 reviews and 4.5 stars can't be wrong, right?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. As mentioned on another thread, don't waste your time in putting on a screen protector as I did with mine, only to peel it off a month ago. No scratches on mine, screen is clearer and smoother. In fact, I remember watching a video from Samsung before release NOT to put a screen protector on.
Did it say why not? I'm actually considering sending my screen protectors back. I've had them all this time and have yet to put a single one on my watch.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
1 tiny scratch a few mm long. I'm shocked how well it's stood up to some of the things I've done to it. I have a physical job and have scraped it along rough brick walls, sharp metal objects etc and been scared to look at it to see how bad the damage was only to find none

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
1 tiny scratch a few mm long. I'm shocked how well it's stood up to some of the things I've done to it. I have a physical job and have scraped it along rough brick walls, sharp metal objects etc and been scared to look at it to see how bad the damage was only to find none

The plastic chrome surrounding my Fit screen is dinged and scratched all to snot but the screen is scratch free. The metal clasp on the underside of my S looks like I tried to write on it with a dremel while asleep but everything on top looks out of the box new.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I won't go without one but I got mine from korea and they are made for curved screens with a matte finish.

To each his or her own... better safe than sorry.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine since November and had my dog paw it a few times with nails clarly hitting it, but it never left a mark.
I am absolutely amazed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk