Anyone install a plastic screen protector?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2xl and gave up on glass protectors and want to install a plastic one.

Just curious if when installing this I need to try to keep the liquid solution out of the speaker and if so how do I do this? Since this phone has some water protection could I do damage with just a bit of water up there?

On previous installs on other phones it gets a bit slippery with solution all over the place.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install the plexus (I think that was the brand) one, and still had trouble with the edges lifting. so I just said f it and won't be rocking a screen protector at all. I did put my case back in though to get get that little buffer from the screen.

As for the liquid, I wouldn't stress to much. Usually it's a diluted chem mix that evaporates easily.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but is it bad to get that in the front speaker in small amounts?
The amount of water that would get on the speaker grill would be such a small amount I doubt it would have enough weight to overcome the surface tension of the miniature grid of the grill. If the water got through I doubt it could contact anything electrical. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2xl and gave up on glass protectors and want to install a plastic one.

Just curious if when installing this I need to try to keep the liquid solution out of the speaker and if so how do I do this? Since this phone has some water protection could I do damage with just a bit of water up there?

On previous installs on other phones it gets a bit slippery with solution all over the place.

I installed an IQ shield... Works better than I thought

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the Skinomi TechSkin Full Coverage Screen Protector. Wet install, very easy. It's been a number of years since I've had a plastic screen protector and I am not thrilled with it. It feels slightly resistant as opposed to the smoothness of glass. It isn't as flat as glass it has minut ripples everywhere. To the Plus, it's full coverage.
Personally, I would settle for a tempered glass that didn't go to the edges as opposed to anything plastic.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I also applied a Skinomi wet apply. To help with the amount of water getting around the speakers I use a credit card wrapped with the cleaning cloth as a squeegee to help absorb some of the moisture as I push it out from under the protector.

I removed one Skinomi and tried a glass screen protector. Won't do that again. The glass has the halo effect around the edges and messes with the touch and swipe responses.

Skinomi is the way to go for me.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would settle for a tempered glass that didn't go to the edges as opposed to anything plastic.

Have you tried that? Because that's what I started with and it was extremely annoying. Plus with my case on it would collect 2x more dust and debris between the case and the edge of the protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23