Anyone know the Onavo Extend VPN Settings used?

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I want to make the VPN connection perminant for Onavo Extend.
There's an option to add a VPN profile but I need to know some details such as:
Name
Type (PPTP, L2TP/IPsec PSK, L2TP/IPsec RSA, IPsec Xauth PSK, IPsec Xauth RSA, IPsec Hybrid RSA)
Server Address
Advance Options:
  • DNS Search Domains
  • DNS Servers
  • Forward Routes

ThorneM1

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell Onavo is more of an HTTP proxy than a true VPN connection. A true and full VPN connection would mask/change/hide your public IP adress from Verizon, AT&T, etc. Onavo's "VPN connection" does not do this entirely. If you use a network tool like LANDroid (found on Google Play), it'll show your IP assigned by your carrier (indicating there is no VPN connection). However, if you head to www.ipchicken.com via a web browser on your phone it will show an entirely different IP address. This is what leaves me to believe it is set up as an HTTP proxy. The LANDroid program is gathering your IP without using the HTTP protocol and therefore routes through your standard carrier IP (like your web beowser would without Onavo even installed, or just turned off).

Now since I am speculating off of a very simple IP check here I don't want to leave out the possibility of an advanced configuration on Onavo's VPN servers. It could technically be a VPN connection but only routing HTTP traffic via the VPN connection.

Saw your question as I was looking for the same bits of information... months later you get an answer :)