Anyone know which version of quick charge the S8 has?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read about it anywhere. Just wondering how much faster it will charge than the S7E, especially with a smaller battery and hopefully faster charging capability.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Qualcomms website hasn't been updated with new devices yet, but assuming it is 4 then it should be a nice leap from 2.0 on the S7e.

4 is 20% faster than 3 which on this charge would put it at 85% in 30min on this chart.

quick-charge-3.0.jpg

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read about it anywhere. Just wondering how much faster it will charge than the S7E, especially with a smaller battery and hopefully faster charging capability.

Samsung's website doesn't specifically state what version of wireless charging the device has but we can assume it's at least 3.0. 😃 Qualcomm does state that quick charge 4.0 will come with the new 835 processor but that doesn't mean Samsung have included in.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping it's not based on QC 2.0

USB-C specs require that a non-proprietary form of fast-charging be used in order to maintain specs. Basically, use USB Power Delivery as the base as it's developed for USB-C by the USB consortium and is cross-compatible with other devices like laptops and the Nintendo Switch.

I'll be disappointed if Samsung has not updated their version of fast charging to be compatible with Power Delivery.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So, is it safe to say not to purchase any current charging adapters (especially wireless charging docks) until the device is finally out? I always like to get my accessories ready for day one, so as to not deal with a naked phone, or having to scramble after-the-fact for accessories that are quickly snapped up at the stores.

GodXilla

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
According to Qualcomm's website, it takes 15 mins to charge a 2750 mah battery with QC 4. Since the S8 has a 3000 mah battery, it will take slightly longer for the S8's battery to reach 50%.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
So, is it safe to say not to purchase any current charging adapters (especially wireless charging docks) until the device is finally out? I always like to get my accessories ready for day one, so as to not deal with a naked phone, or having to scramble after-the-fact for accessories that are quickly snapped up at the stores.

Any quick charge 2.0 or better charger should provide good results.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

You'd think that the new Samsung one they announced at the event would be the latest version. Not that it's available yet.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Screen shot from S8 unboxing on PhoneArena.

fc725599a31f3206b45e84e29abf275f.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance