Anyone not using a case?

sumzitup

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
So far no case, however thinking that the risk of me dropping my note is far to risky so won't be without a case for long.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my note 5 today and it's naked. I'm selling my S6 and I only used a bumper on that one. The Note 5 seems to be easier to hold compared to the even more slippery S6. I'll probably look for a bumper though just to be on the safe side. I have never liked big clunky cases as they just cover up the design of the phone and add way too much mass to an already big phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

ActualMichael

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I feel like putting cases on beautiful phones like these is akin to making a model wear a burlap sack. Just be careful with your $700 device, or get insurance for it.

As for it being slippery, as long as you don't have extremely sweaty or small hands, I don't think anyone should have trouble holding this phone. It's only slightly larger than a G3/G4. I'm very impressed with its ergonomics.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to carry my phone without an ugly case but being a glass phone, I can't risk it, so day one I bought the official Samsung see thru cover ...

Even with this minimal cover the phone still slippery

9d5bfb3316b7508bbd33e621fb07ef71.jpg

b766be8cd267bfc832ee5464f44964ff.jpg

Even my cat doesn't approve of the case which by the way cost me $63 at Best Buy.

d64d3e80356f8a843d4eca8fefd62037.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 days, without a case, dropped it less than a foot and cracked the back glass. It was my fault and very frustrating. I'll be using a case from now on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Been rocking a spigen slim and liking it. Have insurance and will go naked when my skin comes in. I just can't stand the fingerprints.

lsl_923

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Just a full body Zagg HDX protector. Like the fact it keeps back fingerprint free and doesn't feel slippery when holding, but I might switch the front to their glass version, just not as smooth on HDX.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to go commando with my new Note 5... The look and the build quality of the phone is an awesome sight...

That said, I can't put my $800.00 phone at risk... I can honestly say that I rarely drop my phone...rarely is not never... And even if never is your current status, never ends with the first accidental drop...

My compromise solution is to get a thin clear case that shows off appearance of the phone, but gives me a little bit of scratch and drop protection. I know the thin cases won't protect like an Otterbox...but I don't think I need Otterbox protection...

I'll also put a tempered glass screen protector on the phone as well.

I give up the feel of the unibody glass body...as well as living with a phone that's a tad bit thicker... But I think the trade-off is worth it...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I just received from Samsung, I used the 30% off promo code I got for registering the phone with Samsung. It is a clear back cover with a small amount of color on the edge and corners. Very minimal coverage. It might not provide enough drop protection, but I really like how small it is. I would love to go without any cover but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Galaxy Note5 Protective Cover, Clear Black Sapphire

I registered my phone, and I didn't get a discount code... When I chatted with the Samsung live agent and asked about it, she said that there was no discount offer for registering a Note 5, and when I asked her if she could offer me a discount code anyway, she said that she could not. :(

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I registered my phone, and I didn't get a discount code... When I chatted with the Samsung live agent and asked about it, she said that there was no discount offer for registering a Note 5, and when I asked her if she could offer me a discount code anyway, she said that she could not. :(

I think you got jipped. I also received a 30% off code, instantly when I registered device.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That isn't true. I've been registering phones with Samsung forever. I always get a "thanks for registering" email and the code in the email.

That being said, they have changed it a bit. Now you register your phone when you log into your Samsung Account or your phone. If there isn't an email in your inbox, delete your Samsung account and try again to log in. If you don't get it then, call customer care. In the Samsung Plus app there is a number for you to call.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a case yet. I ordered one yesterday, which may get here Saturday. The phone naked is really slippery. I don't use it while walking around just in case it slides out of my hand.
I considered getting a clear case to not cover up the design so much. However, I don't typically turn my phone over and admire it anyways. 😉 I need something to protect.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
So far I am 4 days in with no case, it is a slick phone but it is no where near as slippery as a naked iPhone 6 Plus. I may eventually get a case but I am super picky on cases.
I agree. I have both and the Note is caseless. The iPhone is too slippery so it has a case on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I never use cases on my phones but this phone looks slippery. Anyone not using a case?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
I seldom use a case and this is no different. Ergonomically it feels great in hand and I'm feeling a need for a case.
I am however using a ballistic glass screen protector (Tech Armor).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness