Anyone returning their Priv yet?

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Is it any faster? Battery any better?

The phone I have been using was manufactured November 17th and to be honest I wasn't experiencing heat issues or any issues with it being slow. I was having random freezes during the short time I was using the HUB but I disabled it and had no issues since. I see that they referenced addressing some freezing issues in the notes but I haven't turned on the HUB to see. I can tell you that low light view is much better. I'll see if I can take a pic though I wouldn't have a previous to compare it to but trust me it's evident just looking through the view compared to what it was before.

Posted via the Android Central App

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The phone I have been using was manufactured November 17th and to be honest I wasn't experiencing heat issues or any issues with it being slow. I was having random freezes during the short time I was using the HUB but I disabled it and had no issues since. I see that they referenced addressing some freezing issues in the notes but I haven't turned on the HUB to see. I can tell you that low light view is much better. I'll see if I can take a pic though I wouldn't have a previous to compare it to but trust me it's evident just looking through the view compared to what it was before.

I had terrible battery life and the camera delay was about 5 seconds to process the photo with no SD card installed. Low light was OK just tricky to get the flash to work.

Trisk333

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
This is a low light pic I just took outside right now in the evening. It's a shadowy corner and the priv did a lot better than it would have before in this same type of scenario. I doubt I would have seen anything more than shadow pre update. I didn't use flash

Attachments

• 3515.jpg
    3515.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 112

yohannrjm

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
One thing about BlackBerry : you can expect os updates to address things like battery life. I know they have less control over the android os on the Priv than they did with bb10, but I'm hoping that the battery life will improve a bit with their updates. As it is, it's not too bad. I can get through a day easily. It's not the 2+ days I used to get on my Passport, but i cannot really complain at the moment.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just received a new priv from amazon and hopefully it will perform better than the AT&T one I returned already battery issue seems to be better but camera hasn't changed much. Downloading update now will see what the improvements are.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just received a new priv from amazon and hopefully it will perform better than the AT&T one I returned already battery issue seems to be better but camera hasn't changed much. Downloading update now will see what the improvements are.

How is it going with the new one?

Note in my house!

D

Deleted member 2678566

The camera is shocking compared to the Passport. I think the iPhone 6 camera is better and that's saying some something

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The camera is shocking compared to the Passport. I think the iPhone 6 camera is better and that's saying some something

I firmly believe that Apple has the best camera to date it might tie with the s6 camera. The camera on the Priv needs some updates to make it a camera that could compare to the top cameras out there.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my Priv. Sold it on Swappa. I was tired of dealing with the terrible cameras and a physical keyboard I never used.

I'm back on my S6 Active and it's like night and day between this and the Priv. I'm glad to be back on a phone with awesome battery life and awesome cameras.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174