Anyone seen an update since Feb 2016?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Really would be nice if "Pure", meant pure, huh?
I would never have imagined we'd have to pull a Sim to get this through...
"HD Voice" = VoLTE, no? Can you do VoLTE on VZW with the MXPE? If so: Perhaps VZW wanted to ensure interoperability before letting it through?

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Just got the update by removing my Verizon SIM. Really annoying that I had to do that considering majority of the population would never even think about pulling a SIM to get an update, or even knowing an update exists. Security patches are important, but Lenovo by their track record doesn't seem to think so...

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Finally got tired of checking, so I pulled the Verizon sim and immediately received an update notification.

Absolutely correct. I did the same this morning, and the May update became immediately available. I then switched to the Nexus 6P 128gb that I got on Prime Day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the VZW sim on my Pure and updated it to the May security patch (still on 6.0) but left my wife's identical pure alone to see what happens on each if an OTA ever happens to either 6.0.1 or 7.0 Nougat.

Well, identical except for that super ugly purple cover she uses! lol

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:mad: I've a Sam-Gs7 and On Jul-23/2016 : When I turned On my Phn was
Notified of an Update-download,.So I went through the installation..

No mayor Info..displayed. The version-Continuous being the

same 6.0.1 : No mention the Marsmallow or If New or

current features, were improved..Bad practice-Grr..

anjilslaire

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm caving & pulling the sim to get the update bypassing VZW.

Sucks that I bought it straight from Motorola via MotoMaker and I still have to deal with carrier's holding back updates...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Weird how that works. On Verizon and bought mine same way using moto maker. Got the update days ago. Just used the check for updates in settings, no problems.

anjilslaire

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
cbreze,

Is there any difference in version getting it through Verizon vs pulling the siim? After pulling the sim, I'm on
24.221.4.clark_retus.retus.en.US.retus

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a comparison screenshot like mine where I *DID* remove my sim tray and got the update via WiFi from someone on VZW who received it *WITHOUT* removing the sim.

TomMayUpdate.png

anjilslaire

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same as Tom, and I'd like to see a screenshot as well, of a VZW update when the sim in place.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
cbreze,

Is there any difference in version getting it through Verizon vs pulling the siim? After pulling the sim, I'm on
24.221.4.clark_retus.retus.en.US.retus
Mine is the same as what has been posted in the screenshots. Now, when I got the phone in January I put the sim in before I turned it on, first thing it did was want to update to MM. Then a few months later when the next patch came out I had read it was available so checked manually for the update and it was there, same with this latest patch checked manually and it was there and easily installed. I never have once had to pull the sim to get any update. This is on Verizon. Was same on my Nexus 6P also FWIW. So everyone else on here can't even generate the update by doing a manual check? That's just weird.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I checked my MXPE for system updates and received the message that my phone software is up to date, even though the last security patch received was February 1 -- which was before I purchased the device. So I just called Verizon Customer Service and explained the situation -- including the fact that there are thousands of MXPE users on Verizon, that many of us have been waiting for more than three months based on the understanding that Verizon customarily tests software updates for network compatibility before passing the updates through to customers, and that some MXPE owners have stopped waiting for the update to come through and are now downloading the May 1 security patch by pulling the Verizon sim card. After consulting internally, they confirmed what I suspected: Because the MXPE is not a branded device sold by Verizon, the Verizon network does not typically process updates pushed by the manufacturer. I was told that they would submit my request to add the MXPE to their list of devices for passing through security and other manufacturer updates, and that it would take a few days to process that request, after which they will call me back to let me know whether the patch will be pushed or I'll need to download it manually by pulling the sim card. If and when I hear back from them, I'll post their response here.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought Verizon had nothing to do with unlocked phone updates. Since they are not their phones.
FWIW, when I checked for the updates I was on wifi because I was home. I use no Verizon cell data when at home, all wifi. Didn't think of that before. Might be the difference as to why I didn't need to pull the sim.