Anyone switch to s7 from s7 edge

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I have the s7 edge currently and while it's a good phone, I feel I would like to have a smaller phone. I know the battery is smaller but I think the s7 would feel a little lighter and convenient.

Did anyone make such a trade? With the case on for the s7, does it still feel comfortable to hold? once I put the case on the s7 edge, it feels a little big.

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my S7 yet but I've seen a couple people here that have switched from the Edge. It would depend on the case and your hand :) My S5 is MORE comfortable with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case. I have a better grip. My husband has a Otterbox Defender on his S5. It's too big for me but he likes it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Having both, constantly feel like jumping from one to another. When I'm using the edge feel S7 is better, but when I to S7 feel the same about the edge. So unable to keep one as a regular daily driver and constantly switch between them.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Having both, constantly feel like jumping from one to another. When I'm using the edge feel S7 is better, but when I to S7 feel the same about the edge. So unable to keep one as a regular daily driver and constantly switch between them.

Since you have both, I have a question for you: For whatever reason, I feel the keyboard is a bit scrunched with the S7, and was thinking that maybe the Edge would feel better and would be easier to type since its a larger screen. I am also thinking the width isn't that much greater so there might not be much of a difference. So, how do the keyboards feel among the two? Thanks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Since you have both, I have a question for you: For whatever reason, I feel the keyboard is a bit scrunched with the S7, and was thinking that maybe the Edge would feel better and would be easier to type since its a larger screen. I am also thinking the width isn't that much greater so there might not be much of a difference. So, how do the keyboards feel among the two? Thanks.
Hmm since the edge is little bigger the keyboard should theoretically be easier to use, but honestly I haven't felt difficult on the S7 and never came to my mind that I'm using a smaller keyboard. I use Google keyboard on all my devices and use gestures to type so haven't felt any difficulty with the S7.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

first of all congrats on having both. (although I'm always unsure how people do this since some chat apps only allow one device to be active) anyways, it's interesting how u think that what is more comfortable keeps changing. I wonder tho, do you have cases on these phones or are u carrying them naked? the edge is comfortable without a case but with one, not so much l

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
first of all congrats on having both. (although I'm always unsure how people do this since some chat apps only allow one device to be active) anyways, it's interesting how u think that what is more comfortable keeps changing. I wonder tho, do you have cases on these phones or are u carrying them naked? the edge is comfortable without a case but with one, not so much l

Other than stupid WhatsApp which is tied to phone number, everything else is so easy since it's in the cloud. Hangouts, Messenger, Music etc and so easy to switch sim's, it's only WhatsApp you need to register again etc, it will be so easy if they make this more like hangouts or Messenger so that's it is easier for people like me who keep switching sim's between phones. It's hard to tell people not to use WhatsApp so stuck with it.

For the cases yes I'm using on both of them since I'm scared that I'll drop and break glass. I got both with T-Mobile BOGO, will sell off one of them once I get the rebate and cancel the additional new line required for the rebate. I need to keep the new line active for for months but still good deal on the other phone after you take into adding free Netflix and VR headset, Samsung pay promotions etc.

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site

I was on the fence because of the keyboard size, but then bought the S7 and downloaded the Swype Keyboard that the S5 came with. Happy with the S7 now.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I too have both and don't have a favourite. I tend to use the S7 whilst sat in the bath more than the Edge. Can't think why...

Posted via the Android Central App on a kicking Samsung Galaxy S7

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Swift keyboard fixed this for me and I would never have a phone without it now.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
so it sounds like for the ones that have both, either are the same and feels the same. this confuses me more lol. I guess the s7 is not as compact as I thought it would be compared to the edge.

CyclingNut

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the Edge for a few days and found it to be borderline unusable. I was constantly accidentally touching parts of the screen because of the Edge. The screen itself was also way too sensitive. I had a lot of phantom touches. I exchanged it yesterday for the regular S7 and am way happier now. Yes, it's a bit smaller, but it's also easier to hold and more pocketable. I haven't had any screen issues either.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a S7 today along with my edge. I just cannot get used to the sides both visually and for times when I need to hit them. I have been using an iPhone 6s+ and a Note 5. I actually want to go back to a smaller device with full capabilities and the S7 fits that.

I think I will be using the S7 with the Note from time to time.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm coming from the Note 5 and it's getting some use to having a smaller phone again. The keyboard seems smaller than the S6 I had but I'm used to the Note 5 and larger keyboard. The Note 5 was just a tad too bulky still so I decided to go with S7. The Defender for the s7 is good also.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am going to give the S7 the full day today. I think the S7 edge may be the perfect balance. Have to get used to the screen though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleftshoe