Anyone use their tablets less since getting S8 Plus?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one here who has a tablet and hardly uses it anymore since getting the S8 Plus? I find myself just using my phone mostly now when I want to look stuff up and that and not near my computer since it has the big screen.

I thought about buying the Tab s3 eventually but I don't use my Tab S2 that much anymore since I got the S8 Plus.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one here who has a tablet and hardly uses it anymore since getting the S8 Plus? I find myself just using my phone mostly now when I want to look stuff up and that and not near my computer since it has the big screen.

I thought about buying the Tab s3 eventually but I don't use my Tab S2 that much anymore since I got the S8 Plus.

I sold my tablets last summer for this very reason. With the size of most phone screens now I found myself not using the tablets. I think it was you and I that were talking a while back about getting the S3 for the stylus as a hold over until the Note 8 released. I still havent found the desire to pick one up, even when it was on sale last week for $499.

I think the tablet phase for day to day use has passed. They make sense in a work setting as opposed to a laptop but thats about all I can see using them for anymore unless you're somewhere without a TV and want to watch something on a bigger screen.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought a tablet not long before the S8 came out because I missed having one and thought about going with a smaller phone, but haven't touched it since getting my s8+. No way I could give up my s8+ now.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I sold my tablets last summer for this very reason. With the size of most phone screens now I found myself not using the tablets. I think it was you and I that were talking a while back about getting the S3 for the stylus as a hold over until the Note 8 released. I still havent found the desire to pick one up, even when it was on sale last week for $499.

I think the tablet phase for day to day use has passed. They make sense in a work setting as opposed to a laptop but thats about all I can see using them for anymore unless you're somewhere without a TV and want to watch something on a bigger screen.

I had the Surface tablet a few years ago with Keyboard and office on it but most Android tablets I find I don't have a lot of use for. To do school work and work related stuff it's not the same as having a fully functional keyboard and windows and office. I bought the S2 last year thinking I'd use it more when I'm out and about or staying somewhere overnight instead of bringing a laptop, but I found it not that useful and ended up buying a spare laptop instead and it is far easier to browse the web and function versus tablets.

I think $499 will be the eventual price. The deal is good until the 17th I think. However Best buy it doesn't sale on sale, just reduced. This might be the going price for it now. I wonder how sales are on the Tab3 if they were slow.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the Surface tablet a few years ago with Keyboard and office on it but most Android tablets I find I don't have a lot of use for. To do school work and work related stuff it's not the same as having a fully functional keyboard and windows and office. I bought the S2 last year thinking I'd use it more when I'm out and about or staying somewhere overnight instead of bringing a laptop, but I found it not that useful and ended up buying a spare laptop instead and it is far easier to browse the web and function versus tablets.

I think $499 will be the eventual price. The deal is good until the 17th I think. However Best buy it doesn't sale on sale, just reduced. This might be the going price for it now. I wonder how sales are on the Tab3 if they were slow.
My buddy has the Tab S3 and its probably one of the best tablets I've seen. As much as it impressed me, I still just can't bring myself to spend $500 on it knowing that it will eventually sit in a drawer. I think if it was $399 I'd scoop one up just because of the stylus. I keep telling myself that if the Note 8 is too big, which I'm worried it might be since the S8+ felt really awkward for me, I'm going to try the Tab S3. We'll see in a couple months I guess lol.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My tablet has been relegated to watching movies and reading books/comics/manga. I honestly believe the introduction of larger phones has been chewing away at the tablet market on all fronts. Even the iPhone 6+ started a downward trend in iPad sales. With screens as large as they are now, there really isn't a need to use a tablet for anything but specific personal preference items. For me, I prefer seeing the whole comic page on a tablet rather than part of it on a phone.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my Tab S2 with a Samsung Chromebook Plus. I still use that a lot. I think had I kept the Tab S2, I wouldn't use it much.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want a tablet but know I won't use it enough to warrant the cost so.. no tablets for me.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pair of Nexus 7 2012's in 2012. One died and the other is my daughter's "iPad" as I have no use for it. I bought my wife an iPad mini 4 (she's an Apple person...) for her birthday last month. Those things are ungodly expensive btw. She likes it and even uses it a couple times a week (FB mostly I think).

Up until I picked up my S8 in April I was using my Note 3 as a tablet alongside my S6 as my daily driver phone. I traded in the slowing down Note 3 on my S8, and kept my S6 as a back up, plus I still really like the S6.

But yeah basically I have zero need or want for a tablet these days.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My buddy has the Tab S3 and its probably one of the best tablets I've seen. As much as it impressed me, I still just can't bring myself to spend $500 on it knowing that it will eventually sit in a drawer. I think if it was $399 I'd scoop one up just because of the stylus. I keep telling myself that if the Note 8 is too big, which I'm worried it might be since the S8+ felt really awkward for me, I'm going to try the Tab S3. We'll see in a couple months I guess lol.

If it went down to $400 or even $450 I'd pick one up. I also have to factor in case prices too and that adding to it. $500 is still a bit steep.

From the looks of the Note 8 there isn't much difference between it and the S8 Plus. Looks like the screen might be slightly bigger and of course the Spen and it will probably be closer to $1000 which is why I'd likely stay with the S8 Plus and eventually get the Tab s3 for the spen possibly.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a Galaxy tab pro 8.4 but when I bought the S8+ I found they were too close in size so I bought a 9.7™ tab S2 for $230 from swappa. I actually prefer it for media consumption at home and work. On the go it's all S8+!

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd still rather browse and watch videos on the larger screen of my Tab S2 8.0 than even my S8 Plus while at home. Larger screens at home is much more ideal.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I had a Galaxy tab pro 8.4 but when I bought the S8+ I found they were too close in size so I bought a 9.7™ tab S2 for $230 from swappa. I actually prefer it for media consumption at home and work. On the go it's all S8+!

I have the Tab S2. Do you think it's worth spending $500 on the Tab s3 and upgrade?

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's worth the $500 to upgrade unless you were using it as your laptop replacement. I just use it for media consumption so for me $230 was all I really wanted to spend on a tablet.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Since the Note 5 I've gifted all my tablets and Kindle readers to family. Hardly used my Note 10.1.

Did just purchase Galaxy Book 10 w/LTE. Quite satisfied as I use it in place of a laptop.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Opposite for me, since prefer portrait mode for web and reading, but find the 8+ too narrow compared to the Note 8. I use my tablets more now, but still like my 8+ lots.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd still rather browse and watch videos on the larger screen of my Tab S2 8.0 than even my S8 Plus while at home. Larger screens at home is much more ideal.

The Tab s2 which I have is the perfect size for a tablet. those tablets that are near 10 inches you might as well just get a small laptop to carry around.

I would love if they came out with the Tab 3 in 8 inch screen for $350 or so. That is another option I'd consider for the spen. I think I'm going to skip on the tab 3 until they come out with a cheaper 8 inch version or lower the price on the Tab 3 more.

I also don't like that it only has the 820 processor instead of the 821 or the 835, yet they still charge the high price tag. The sale price is still too high imo.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
No S8 but I've been using the Note line since the Note 2 in 2012, bought my first tablet in 2013, use tablets daily for browsing and watching videos.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy wants $130 for the Tab s2 trade in. Thinking about trading it in and combined with my other giftcard would cover the cost of the Gear S3 I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky