Anyone use there Xoom for business use?

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My main reason to buy was easy access to work email, but I am not able to connect to my lotus notes based webmail, or the secured Ms based webmail of my other employer. I rarely carry my zoom now. Extremely disappointing. I waited too long to return it; kept thinking it was operator error. Took several weeks for me to learn direct from motor that it is 'not supported.'

Extremely disappointing. I wish I had understood that this is a web surfing and games device. I needed a tool for grownups.

Hope there's a fix at some point. I gather there will be a blackberry tab at some point and I guess I'll get that. In the meantime if anyone wants to buy my lightly used zoom...

DaveBryan

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine specifically for business use. However, until the SD card is active, use is limited. I have a lot of company files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) that I need to have with me and plan to sync them to the SD card whenever I leave town - that's what I do now with my laptop. We are a small company with no server and I don't want my business files out in the cloud. Other than the no-SD card issue, I love it. Instant boot and everything else I need.

Come on update w/SD card!!!!

rlyell

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Business Use

I am a physician and use my Xoom to connect to our electronic health record servers. I connect through RDP connection with Xtralogic's app (great for in- and out-of-office use). I use Thumbkey (shortcuts are useful). I also use Google Body and the Droid YouTube app to show short YouTube videos to patients while explaining things. I find myself being more involved with the patient, but do have to use a desktop for somethings. It hasn't replaced my desktop/laptop/tabletPC, but complements them.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use my Xoom constantly for work, about a year ago I ported us to google apps, so the integration with android (both phone/tablet) has been stellar. It's great for communication, as well I use a lot of web sites for work and the browser with flash works great for adwords and analytics. Plus there's a neat google analytics widget that lets me see today's visitors for every site in my analytics account, the screen size plus that widget is great.

My next biggest tool is excel and I've been using docs to go from the start, I do have the quick office tablet version and now the google docs android app i just haven't given them much of a chance.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I use it for business all the time. If there's something the XOOM can't do, I just pul up one if my computers with log me in and take care of it.

XOOM rocks.

shommer

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Xoo Business Use

I have found with Touchdown for exchange and Documents to Go for the office apps it is a pretty good tool for business. Our company uses Live Meeting and I have not yet been able to successfully connect to a session. Not a full replacement for my laptop yet but definately useful in many situations.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
To bad there isn't a reliable SSH client to use on the Xoom. ConnectBot doesn't support anything without a scroll ball to move around with. I still find myself using the PC when I need SSH access.

cstambaugh

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use mine for business all the time. I just setup a small PPTP VPN at work so I connect that way when I'm away. RDP, VNC, terminal, etc. All works great.

FrankTheTank

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Logmein app is a must for me. I can log into my work PC from anywhere using my xoom to access all my files and the shared drives. Well worth the money. I know its an extra step but having this app allows you to view and do anything your laptopncan do.

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Found new use. I bought a HP eprint d110 and use the hotspot while traveling to be able to print on the go. I have an inverter in my car and I print from anywhere.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont use it for my business yet. I have to be able to run Quickbooks or some kind of invoicing software and, be able to print directly to a mobile printer.

Reactions: kjartanbj

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use mine mainly for billing, invoicing and email.

It more than likely will become a paper weight once the scribe it out in the wild. Being able to have signed invoices and bills and contracts. It will make my life a whole lot easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz