Anyone with 4.3 Nexus 10?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When I do use google Hangout I will let you know. Yup the update is out via OTA... Just keep trying the method I used...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

Doesn't work for me and I have tried it multiple times. Is it a guarantee that it will work?

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
for those wondering about the frame work trick:

Settings>Apps>all>Google Services Framework>Force stop> Clear Data> Clear cache(??), i can't rememebr if you need to do this or not. Now restart device. Settings>About tablet>System updates>Check now

I kinda already posted that, above :)

Yesterday nothing (trying twice with reboots).
Today I tried 7 times without reboots and 3 times with reboots. Still nothing.

Similar experience in the past, sometimes it just doesn't work... perhaps there are ranges of serial numbers or accounts they will allow and others not. Oh well. I think the framework trick only works for the day they finally release your device on their list, just avoids waiting that one extra day where it would do it automatically.

Doesn't work for me and I have tried it multiple times. Is it a guarantee that it will work?

Nope

add12364

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sick of the wait, how much longer will an OTA usually take? I have way too much precious data that I will lose on my tablet to flash it manually.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I kinda already posted that, above :)
I must have over looked your instructions :) that is what I get for posting while working.

I found I couldn't sleep this morning and went ahead and used the framework trick and have been running 4.3 for about 30 minutes.

For those with kids who were looking forward to the restricted accounts: it looks like you can't apply this setting to existing accounts. I'm going to have to look into backing up my kids various games progress if I want to switch them over to restricted accounts.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I must have over looked your instructions :) that is what I get for posting while working.

I found I couldn't sleep this morning and went ahead and used the framework trick and have been running 4.3 for about 30 minutes.

For those with kids who were looking forward to the restricted accounts: it looks like you can't apply this setting to existing accounts. I'm going to have to look into backing up my kids various games progress if I want to switch them over to restricted accounts.

How's the battery of your Nexus 10???

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried your method and still nothing this morning. I am going to wait until the update comes OTA instead of trying to updating manually. I am surprised that all N10 should be able to get the update at once. There weren't that many sold so I don't know why the have to release it in waves.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried your method and still nothing this morning. I am going to wait until the update comes OTA instead of trying to updating manually. I am surprised that all N10 should be able to get the update at once. There weren't that many sold so I don't know why the have to release it in waves.

I'm sure they sold quite a few of them.

Also, I'm not gonna risk the framework trick so ill wait for the OTA.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Its not just the Nexus 10, but all Nexus devices... and I assure there are enough out there that if everyone tried to download at once, it would be a *huge* hit to Google's servers...

It's a smart strategy on their part, even if it does become annoying to us end-users from time to time.

I really don't believe that there's much risk involved with the "framework trick"... you're just forcing the app to refresh.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

It's not going to hurt your tablet.... It's not risky at all...... tried for 4.2.2 and 4.3 no problem on my Nexus 10

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201