Anyone with LG G4 with serial 505 ?

JozayG2

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have recently bought the LG G4 and the serial number begins with 505. I have become alarmed after seeing posts about this but most of them are from owners in the U.S. has anyone out there had the issue in the UK? I am considering returning the device as it is still sealed.

Posted via the Android Central App

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The issue so far only appears to be with the Sprint variant. As I have a Sprint with a 505 SN and have not experienced any problems yet, it certainly is possible that not everyone will experience them.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
If I am not mistaken... I read about that only the first batch of G4 when they became available, suffer from the defect... Not all but a considerable number of G4's.

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
H815 with s/n 505 here and it's doing very well .. so far :p

But more seriously.. if 1) this is a hardware issue (which seems pretty incontrovertible at this point) and 2) if only a specific early production batch is affected by this and 3) it affects a significant percentage of devices within that production batch, what is stopping LG from issuing a recall for that specific batch of phones? I would hate to think that they are calculating that the risk to their brand image is lower if they sit this out and don't say or do anything -- they should do right by their customers.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
H815 with s/n 505 here and it's doing very well .. so far

But more seriously.. if 1) this is a hardware issue (which seems pretty incontrovertible at this point) and 2) if only a specific early production batch is affected by this and 3) it affects a significant percentage of devices within that production batch, what is stopping LG from issuing a recall for that specific batch of phones? I would hate to think that they are calculating that the risk to their brand image is lower if they sit this out and don't say or do anything -- they should do right by their customers.
My guess is that only affect a very minimal percent of customers and so far only the sprint version is the one affected which in my opinion does not make sense to do a recall. The warranty will cover these affected by the issue. A recall will make sense if the issue was affecting all G4's.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep, my G4 starts with 505 on it's serial #.

I'm not too concerned about this, but I've already backed up all my data to an SD card should the worst occur.

I'm remaining optimistic, but it's better to be prepared for the worst.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that only affect a very minimal percent of customers and so far only the sprint version is the one affected which in my opinion does not make sense to do a recall. The warranty will cover these affected by the issue. A recall will make sense if the issue was affecting all G4's.

Not true. I am on VZW and have the issue (and have seen many others on VZW report it), I have seen AT&T, Tmo, and Rodgers folks talk about, etc.

tespio

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
There is a production issue with mainboards from series with S/N 505xxxxx to 508xxxx (May to August 2015) Issue has been fixed starting with September batch with S/N 509xxxxx. Mine was a 506xxxx and went into bootloop the night of new years eve. Sent it back to the LG dealer i bought it from and now i'm waiting for them to either change the mobo or replace the phone. This may happen with any phone 505 to 508 but it's not nailed down so many may not encounter the issue.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a G4 with s/n beginning with 505 and everything seems fine to me. Hopefully it will last the next year and a half. Hahaha

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have one that came from Italy on European unlocked software. No problems yet, but it definitely means I won't be buying the G5.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Another one from the 505 district here...H810 with AT&T. I bought mine in August...it's the Best Buy blue variant that I had to go through hell to get. It will suck if I lose it to the boot loop. So far so good but maybe there's a specific thing in common with all the ones that went ka-blue-ee. Who knows what it is (maybe app usage, charging patterns, etc.), just wish LG would at least acknowledge the problem which is inevitably happening.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Another one from the 505 district here...H810 with AT&T. I bought mine in August...it's the Best Buy blue variant that I had to go through hell to get. It will suck if I lose it to the boot loop. So far so good but maybe there's a specific thing in common with all the ones that went ka-blue-ee. Who knows what it is (maybe app usage, charging patterns, etc.), just wish LG would at least acknowledge the problem which is inevitably happening.

I don't think it is happening to a lot of people... It just few batch that have bad motherboards on it. Not really a thing to get alarm about it but just keep a backup in case something happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10