Anyway to separate notification volume from call volume?

Tust

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Download Simple Sound Widget from the Android Market. It has sound profiles that you can adjust as well as make custom ones. I too was use to turning off the text times on my old BB and this app works just like the BB sound profiles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I like how people keep thinking they can jump into an 11 page long thread with some decidedly simple answer and think they are helping.

No, this app does not solve the problem.

The app linked on the last page at least addresses this specific issue, so kudos for posting. But it's still a work around and not a real solution.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I have a couple of questions.
Can I set it so that calls from certain contacts and messaging from certain contacts will come through at night and all others will be silent? Can I use my current ringtones? Do you have to change settings each day or can you set it within the contacts and then forget it. An example being, if I want my work # to be able to call me anytime, my kids to message at any time but not others? I would set it from within there contact file to do this but all others would stay as is.
If it does not do this, I am curious why a program has not been written for these full actions unless it is too difficult as obviously I am not a programmer.
Thanks.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
This program also does not appear to allow you to set individual notifications for individual contacts in messenger, e-mail and phone.
It is all or none apparently as are the other available programs.
I assume that it is too difficult for someone to program an app to do this as I would think that it would have been done by now.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
This has been the biggest complaint for me on both ICS, and JB. An option I just don't understand why they removed, previous versions had it. I actually moved to a CM ROM (preview of 10), and I may not move back to stock just for the fact they fix it and even added a profile ability.

Sir Rutherford

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This problem is easily fixed.
Open windows notepad and create a blank text file, save it as 'empty.ogg'.
Then connect your Android to your PC. Copy the file empty.ogg to your custom ringtones notification folder (or wherever your ringtones are stored).
Disconnect.

Then go in and select set your notification ringtone. Scroll up and see if you can see and set it to a new radio button, "Silent". Or it may show "Empty".
Let it chirp away till the cows come home...... it will only be playing a blank sound file from then on and make no noise.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response.
That appears to be good for an all or nothing scenario.
There is a need to have more flexibility as noted above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod