mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wonder if this Carrier bought or Google unlock version

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! Quick question for all of you. I just noticed when I look at the screen straight on with a white background the white is a warmer tone (almost yellow), but when I tilt it slightly up or down the off-angle view is a cooler white. I'm wondering why this is the case as now that I see it it's quite obvious. It's weird though because it's not there all the time, and it makes me think it might have something to do with reading black type on a white screen from an email or something?

Thanks!

BinuJeff

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
Hey there! Quick question for all of you. I just noticed when I look at the screen straight on with a white background the white is a warmer tone (almost yellow), but when I tilt it slightly up or down the off-angle view is a cooler white. I'm wondering why this is the case as now that I see it it's quite obvious. It's weird though because it's not there all the time, and it makes me think it might have something to do with reading black type on a white screen from an email or something?

Thanks!
This is called oled lotery, you could get a warmer or colder white panel with the same phone. Also blue light filter exaggerate the yellowing of the whites if you activated it

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah, I can't unsee it now. Haha. It's funny... After going back to my S22+ to compare, I just like the screen so much better than the Pixel. The reception is a lot better too, and I actually miss some of the customization I've done with OneUI. Maybe I'll return the P8P, check out the S24 series, and decide between the two then!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174