ApeX 1.3.0

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt update with Nex theme 1.2.1, The Apex 1.3 comes with the Latest Gapps (Gmail, Voice Search, Search Bar)

one can argue that you could manually update these later but going 1.3 Rom to to a 1.2 theme is like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back IMO.

agreed, 1.3 is so sick it doesn't need more than the gingerbread theme. it feels like we already have a stock version of gingerbread on our phone! consider it an early christmas gift!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just dl and installed in rom manager. Not going to theme this yet. Looks nice and slick. Ok well maybe I will in a few days. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Anyone having issues with browser. Mine is so slow on wifi and 3g.... wait never mind. A wipe of all things browser fixed it.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
So, before I attempt to put ApeX on my DX, basically I've downloaded the bootloader and made a recovery backup, installed Titanium and backed everything up there as well, then backed it all up again from my SD card onto my computer.

Then I download the .zip file, wipe the device, bring up the bootloader and install the .zip file, and she's done?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well after seeing this I decided to take the plunge. Must say everything has been flawless! Z4root, decided to do a wipe, loaded up the rom and am overclocked and back to normal. Thanks! Two months stock was good for me. Saw it on Droid-Life about two hours ago. Took about an hour.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I took the plunge as well. I love this rom! Took a little figuring out as this was my first time a few stress filled minutes later all is well!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So, before I attempt to put ApeX on my DX, basically I've downloaded the bootloader and made a recovery backup, installed Titanium and backed everything up there as well, then backed it all up again from my SD card onto my computer.

Then I download the .zip file, wipe the device, bring up the bootloader and install the .zip file, and she's done?

Sounds right. Get on new leak or ota. Then flash this new apex.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It should be safe right where it is! Or you could delete it as it isn't necessary anymore. I did same upgrade path as you and didn't touch the update.zip. I think once the phone is updated that update.zip is pretty much trash. The .340 sbf might be something to have

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It should be safe right where it is! Or you could delete it as it isn't necessary anymore. I did same upgrade path as you and didn't touch the update.zip. I think once the phone is updated that update.zip is pretty much trash. The .340 sbf might be something to have

Where might I find this?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My Unstable Apps DX/D2 Overclocker wont work after installing this. My settings are 1.2 at .63, same as before, but after my 90 second delay, the phone just reboots. I uninstalled it (phone ran fine with it gone) last night and reinstalled this morning. It went right back to rebooting itself. Is anyone else having issues with it?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Running the same overclock with no problems. Also I believe the sbf for. 320 will fix both. 320 and. 340. Just after sbf update up if you want.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question, if I have a nanoid backup and I install a custom rom, can I simply restore a nanoid backup to revert me back to the stock image before I installed rom or is there another app required to do this? I have restored from adding themes but I do not know if the roms requires a different process?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I have a question, if I have a nanoid backup and I install a custom rom, can I simply restore a nanoid backup to revert me back to the stock image before I installed rom or is there another app required to do this? I have restored from adding themes but I do not know if the roms requires a different process?

Always make a backup of a stock image. Once on new update. Make a backup. Then you can rom and theme all you want. Go back to that stock image when needed. Once you update don't flash back to old ones. If on 2.2.1 don't flash a 2.2 backup.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Good Question. The answer is YES! you will revert back to STOCK if you restore your STOCK nanoid backup. One of the beauty's of Android.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you used TBH SYTEM ONLY SBF

Ok guys just when you thought it was safe to go back in the waters.....

TBH has put up some patches to their 340 sbf system file.

Applying these patches will put you up to the latest and greatest.

These are ONLY for those that flashed the .340 SBF SYSTEM ONLY FILE.

I have flashed all three of these, no problems just one little hiccup.

You will NEED to reactivate your phone, A SIMPLE PROCESS.

dial *228 and press 1 when prompted. DONE

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23