App not found.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I don't know if this is the right place but...
Some time ago I uninstalled an application and now, because I needed it again, I tried, through Google play, to install it, but it was not possible (no explanation).
I did the d/l of the application and tried again but, right at the beginning a message "do you want to update this App?". I've already tried to find it on the device the said app to uninstall (again!) but I can't find it. If I continue with the update (?), it is not finished because "a version is already installed....). I don't know what to do since I can't find the application on the device.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks
Regards

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you clear cache and data of the app before uninstalling?

Try a Power Off and Restart, and if no go, try clearing the Play Store cache, though not the data.

Any good?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which app? Older apps are often removed from Play Store for various reasons, including lack of support from the dev, violations of Google's policies, etc. If you open the Play Store, go to Manage Apps & Devices, then Manage, then change Installed to Not Installed, you can search through all of your installation history to see if that app is still there. I've been able to install Power Toggles this way -- that app was officially removed from the Play Store a while ago due to the developer ceasing support, but I can still find it in my installation history.

How did you download the application after you couldn't find it in the Play Store? Did you find an APK file of it somewhere?

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Did you clear cache and data of the app before uninstalling?

Try a Power Off and Restart, and if no go, try clearing the Play Store cache, though not the data.

Any good?
Hi
Thanks for your response.
The application has been uninstalled for a long time, months, and I regularly clear the cache of all applications.
Regards

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Which app? Older apps are often removed from Play Store for various reasons, including lack of support from the dev, violations of Google's policies, etc. If you open the Play Store, go to Manage Apps & Devices, then Manage, then change Installed to Not Installed, you can search through all of your installation history to see if that app is still there. I've been able to install Power Toggles this way -- that app was officially removed from the Play Store a while ago due to the developer ceasing support, but I can still find it in my installation history.

How did you download the application after you couldn't find it in the Play Store? Did you find an APK file of it somewhere?
Hi
The app is "Avia Weather".
The previous installation was done through Google play and the current attempt was also through Google play as the application is still there. I've already tried what you suggested and the App only appears in the "not installed" section as it seems obvious to me.
As through Google play it was not possible, I made the d/l of the apk file in one of the many available sites.
What seems strange to me is not being able to find any remnants of the application on the device to delete.
Thanks anyway
Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache AND data for both the Play Store app AND Download Manager. To find the latter, go to Settings>Apps, then choose the option to show system apps. Then open the Play Store again, wait a second for it to resync with your account, and try installing or updating Avia Weather again.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache AND data for both the Play Store app AND Download Manager. To find the latter, go to Settings>Apps, then choose the option to show system apps. Then open the Play Store again, wait a second for it to resync with your account, and try installing or updating Avia Weather again.
Hi
Not found "Download Manager" but done the other suggestions. Same result!
Thanks anyway
Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Samsung phones have a Download Manager, but I don't have access to my Galaxy A32 5G at this time to check, sorry.

So let me just review -- if you search for Avia Weather on the Play Store app (not the website), it shows up with an Install button (or an Update button)? But if you tap that button, absolutely nothing happens?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Samsung phones have a Download Manager, but I don't have access to my Galaxy A32 5G at this time to check, sorry.

So let me just review -- if you search for Avia Weather on the Play Store app (not the website), it shows up with an Install button (or an Update button)? But if you tap that button, absolutely nothing happens?
Its all in My files app

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site

Hi
Google play, after downloading the App and installing it, the following message appears (translation): "the App cannot be installed. Try again and, if that doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem".
Thanks
Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Do you have any other devices you can try to install the app on?

It may also be worth sending feedback to the developer, in case something went wrong with a recent update (it was last updated July 11), so just a couple of days before you posted): support@goremy.co

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From play store ? Oh sorry

No, there's a system app called Download Manager, which is how the system handles downloads from any source. I've found that if there are problems installing apps from the Play Store, clearing the app cache/data from the Play Store app doesn't always work. In those situations, clearing the app cache/data from the Download Manager system app can help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, there's a system app called Download Manager, which is how the system handles downloads from any source. I've found that if there are problems installing apps from the Play Store, clearing the app cache/data from the Play Store app doesn't always work. In those situations, clearing the app cache/data from the Download Manager system app can help.
Ahh gotcha now Screenshot_20220713-154525_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220713-154518_Settings.jpg

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
this is what i have
0c81a86a01cbbbc9b344c550147d642c.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dustojnikhummer