App Suggestions?

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Not V20 specific, but I need suggestions for a call blocking app. I tried doing it manually but the person who I blocked was still able to get through to voicemail. Call me crazy, but when I block someone, I don't want to see their name or hear their voice. I've used call blocking apps like Mr. Number & TrueCaller, but they all send blocked callers straight to voicemail instead of blocking them outright. T-mobile doesn't support call blocking either so CS was a dead-end. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a call blocking app like you're wanting. If it blocks the call on the phone side, the carrier side will see that the same as if you hit the ignore button and thus send it to voice mail. The only work around for that would be an app that silently answers the call and then hangs up without you knowing. That would bring up privacy and trust issues for me.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, that's what happens with call blocking apps on the phone. Voicemail is a carrier-based service - if your phone is either unreachable, you decline the call or you don't pick up the carrier's voicemail system takes over automatically.

Your best recourse would be a carrier-level block. I think some carriers do allow that to be done, some might even do it through pre-loaded apps on the phone, or you can check in your account on the web.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
You could try "Should I answer" It has an option in the advanced setting that says pick up and hangup to protect your voice mail. I have not tried it but it sounds like what you maybe looking for 😀

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not V20 specific, but I need suggestions for a call blocking app. I tried doing it manually but the person who I blocked was still able to get through to voicemail. Call me crazy, but when I block someone, I don't want to see their name or hear their voice. I've used call blocking apps like Mr. Number & TrueCaller, but they all send blocked callers straight to voicemail instead of blocking them outright. T-mobile doesn't support call blocking either so CS was a dead-end. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

I've used Call Control for several years, and I'm very happy with the way it handles blocking. It also keeps a community record of spam and other such calls. The paid version is excellent and worth the cost.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon lets you totally block 10 numbers for free but it expires monthly so you have to keep pitting them back. You can also pay to block more numbers.

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I found the app that I used years ago, called YouMail. Anytime a blocked number calls, they get a number out of service message. But I'm sure I'll get sick of using a non-carrier voicemail system so I'll keep all of these in mind. Thanks so much!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karl.stubbs