App to recognize if v20 is refurbished?

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
As the title states, anyone know of an app? I know Samsung had one, hopefully there is a similar app for the V20.

I am on my 3rd v20. First v20 screen broke (my fault) so I purchased another brand new v20 (long story but I will fix screen in near future and sell). I have had my second v20 for 3 weeks now and the speaker went out, the party on the other end of line can barely hear me and cant make out what I am saying. AT&T did a warranty swap with no hassle.

I received the replacement in the mail today and it is bare bones, no back cover, no battery, no box. I am good with that but it better not be a refurbished v20, that will tick me off considering I paid $800 for a new one 3 weeks ago. So I just want to see if it's a refurbished one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
New ones usually have all the accessories in the box but it depends on the exchange process. Verizon lets you know it's going to be a certified like new. I have no idea what ATT does.

Last edited:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got an insurance replacement from Asurion. The phone came in a plain white box and only came with a battery. Entering ##786#, then selecting "view", the reconditioned status on my phone says "no". Thus, I must assume that I received a new phone but without the retail box and accessories. The phone did have all of the protective plastics including the strips down the side. Mine had the back cover with it and the battery still wrapped in plastic like a new one.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got an insurance replacement from Asurion. The phone came in a plain white box and only came with a battery. Entering ##786#, then selecting "view", the reconditioned status on my phone says "no". Thus, I must assume that I received a new phone but without the retail box and accessories. The phone did have all of the protective plastics including the strips down the side. Mine had the back cover with it and the battery still wrapped in plastic like a new one.
That code doesn't work on my phone; still a good tip.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon puts a blue dot on the serial number sticker in the battery compartment. My G4 replacement had one after my original bootlooped.

David

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
##786# works on the sprint version. I had my phone swapped for a blown speaker and it states no under reconditioned status. I however had to spend an hour on the phone with sprint to get them to send me a new one.