App updates since lollipop

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ever since updating to lollipop my phone never updates apps on its own via wifi even though the box is ticked. I was on twitter earlier & my phone showed that facebook was updating or so I thought. After 30 mins I went on the play store & I had 3 apps there that needed to be updating & one of them was facebook which my phone showed was updating earlier but it obviously hadn't updated.

Also when I press update all my apps download then stop at a certain percentage for a while then just jump to installing & facebook takes ages to install don't no why.

Is this normal behaviour for lollipop?

Posted via Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about your first question. It's it happening with all your apps?

About your second question. That's normal. The download progress bar in the Play Store is not accurate. It reflects the whole size of the app but most updates are just for a portion of it. If you expand your notification bar you can check the actual percentage of data being downloaded and a time estimate.

After Lollipop installing apps takes longer since they are precompiled at that point. Some apps can take a while to be completely installed.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about your first question. It's it happening with all your apps?

About your second question. That's normal. The download progress bar in the Play Store is not accurate. It reflects the whole size of the app but most updates are just for a portion of it. If you expand your notification bar you can check the actual percentage of data being downloaded and a time estimate.

After Lollipop installing apps takes longer since they are precompiled at that point. Some apps can take a while to be completely installed.

Yeah I believe it happens with all my apps don't no why. Thanks for your answer on the second question glad to no its not a bug. Hopefully someone can answer the first question too.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, but haven't found any answer yet. If I go to the Play Store on a computer and install an app, it never gets to the phone. If I use the Play Store app, it installs with no problem. Another "improvement" by Google?

Petr Tanker

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I see that a lot of people has problem after updating Facebook. My oppinion is, don't install new update for Facebook and go to your apps and unistall new Facebook. Then, find some older version of Facebook and install it. And one advice for last: Don't tick updating apps via Playstore automaticaly. Do it by yourself, you can never know which app will be downloaded in backround even Playstore said it's impossible!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't even no how to find an older version of facebook. I had instagram update earlier when I was on twitter & it updated perfectly fine unlike facebook.