App which shows RSS feeds on lock screen

mzzxx11

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for an app which shows RSS feeds on the lock screen.

Using Samsung A10 with Android 11.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums.

There may not be an "app" for this. You're limited to what your launcher will allow when it comes to things like what is or isn't, should or shouldn't be available for lock screen options like you're looking for. You may have to get an "app" like Nova Launcher or some other third party launcher. Importing a launcher is a bit more than installing an app that you open once in a while and use. A launcher becomes your phone.

Since you have a Samsung you might be able to find a tool in the Good Lock to allow this. I know it has several personalization features and at least one of them is focused on the lock screen.

Let us know if either of these works or doesn't. If they don't we can offer more advice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, the lockscreen is heavily restricted in newer versions of Android so the likelihood of something like this existing (unless it's a lockscreen replacement app), are super slim, unfortunately.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but won't an app be available?. I'm getting notification on the lock screen from many other apps.

Oh, if you want an app that notifies you for every RSS entry, that's different! (not sure which one does it and it's potentially annoying if you have a very active RSS feed) An app can push a notification (and you can decide if you want said notification to display details or not) to the lockscreen, but cannot create a widget there.

mzzxx11

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, but again I have several 3rd party installed from the playstore & they're all able to show some notification on the LS.

mzzxx11

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Oh, if you want an app that notifies you for every RSS entry, that's different! (not sure which one does it and it's potentially annoying if you have a very active RSS feed) An app can push a notification (and you can decide if you want said notification to display details or not) to the lockscreen, but cannot create a widget there.

Yes - that's what I'm after, something which pushes a notification to the LS. It doesn't need to show a full-fledged widget.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes - that's what I'm after, something which pushes a notification to the LS. It doesn't need to show a full-fledged widget.

Any app that shows notifications should be able to, but RSS-users might have to chime in here as to which ones do give you per-update notifications WITH details (it's up to the app as to how much or how little it shows on a notification, as well as how often).

mzzxx11

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
After combing the plays store I've found so far 2 apps which show RSS push notifications on the LS:
Notice
Feeder

Posting here in case it helps others.