Apply some pressure or continue to lose?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider a memory leak "bug-free", and Samsung released 3 versions of the OS with a known memory leak. (I've fired programmers for mistakes that weren't as bad as a memory leak.)

Yes, I know, Google wrote the memory leak - but as Google's customer, Samsung should have loudly and publicly rejected 5.0 because of it. Google has no incentive to fix it if the manufacturers just pass the bug on to the end user.

If the end users would have the phones replaced, over and over, until Samsung (and other manufacturers) started bleeding a little red ink, things might change. But sheep just get their throats cut.

Android being open source, couldn't Samsung have patched the memory leak themselves? They don't have to wait for Google to implement the fix do they?

Or is it deep down in the Android OS where OEM's can't get to or something? I'm not a programmer, so I don't know, I just thought with Android being open source, devs would have access to change just about anything on the software.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't consider a memory leak "bug-free", and Samsung released 3 versions of the OS with a known memory leak. (I've fired programmers for mistakes that weren't as bad as a memory leak.)

Yes, I know, Google wrote the memory leak - but as Google's customer, Samsung should have loudly and publicly rejected 5.0 because of it. Google has no incentive to fix it if the manufacturers just pass the bug on to the end user.

If the end users would have the phones replaced, over and over, until Samsung (and other manufacturers) started bleeding a little red ink, things might change. But sheep just get their throats cut.

Samsung has been bleeding plenty recently...also I heard about this memory leak with my Nexus 6, but it never affected me. I came to find out it was because it started each day with a fresh boot. See post #18 ;)

Replacing your phone over and over will not fix the memory leak will it or at least carriers will not allow it? Certainly not all, but many battery issues are user downloaded apps.

Last edited: