Apps close randomly

DCWISE

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
Apps like Clash Royals and Clash of clans close randomly while in use without the "app has stopped" message while apps like YouTube and Instagram just refresh randomly....I use an HTC Desire 530........ I did a hard reset but the problem still persists please help!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is more for developers to promote their apps.

Do you have any "RAM booster" or "memory cleaner" apps installed? If so, uninstall them -- they're pretty much useless, and can cause issues like this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, so did you have one of those apps installed? How about any security/antivirus apps? Some of those kinds of apps might also include RAM cleaner features that you may not even be aware of.

DCWISE

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I never really installed those apps I only had one called 360 Security...... I deleted it......I put my phone in airplane mode and I'm somehow able to use Wi-Fi while in airplane mode.....the problem hasn't showed up since... What does airplane mode do exactly??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Desire 530 looks to be low on specs by today's standards, especially with 1.5 GB of RAM. If you have a lot of apps trying to run in the background and run out of space, the system will start closing apps so it can make room for another that needs to initialize for whatever reason

Basically it's the same symptoms as what can happen with memory optimizers, only it's the OS itself doing it. Android was designed to run with most of its RAM in use, but it's a finite amount.

Hard to say if that's what's going on here, but something to consider.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I never really installed those apps I only had one called 360 Security...... I deleted it......I put my phone in airplane mode and I'm somehow able to use Wi-Fi while in airplane mode.....the problem hasn't showed up since... What does airplane mode do exactly??

Airplane Mode turns off the cell radio, Bluetooth radio, and wi-fi radio. But after activating Airplane Mode, you can still turn wi-fi or Bluetooth back on. The only thing you can't turn back on while in Airplane Mode is the cell radio (i.e., voice signal or mobile data).

Not sure why the random app closing would go away in Airplane Mode. Perhaps those games are trying to access your game account (or Google Play Games), and are encountering an error that causes the game to suddenly stop (without an error message), and Airplane Mode prevents this from happening since it can't access the account in the first place.