Apps Moved to SD Card disappear

LiveByeExample

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been having this problem since I got my phone. I have to re download apps because the disappear . They don't totally disappear but the icons leave, the applications menu is a gray shade and does nothing if clicked on. I cannot just leave them on my phone because with all the stupid apps that are already on my ATT phone that I cannot remove even though I use none of them like maps, locate, gmail, google play, etc.. When these update.. I lose space so I end up just uninstalling the stupid updates they did and then I am able to get my space back. I have a 16 gig micro SD card in there because the original one that was in the phone wouldn't even allow me to upload more than a couple applications. I am so sick of this phone. more sick of ATT and the fact I have to keep their apps on here whether I use them , want them or not. They also required me to purchase a data plan. I have the lowest cost one. I pay 20.00 just for 300 mbs of data... Since I always download from home on the wireless I usually use only a couple of the mbs. I never have even come close to getting even to 20 mbs let alone the 300 I am required to pay for. I have an LG phoenix phone currently. I can't wait to upgrade this year.

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having this problem, too. I have a Visual Land 7" tablet running Android 4.1.1 Jellybean. I downloaded my apps, saved them to the SD card (or so I thought) to free up space, and the battery had died. I plugged it in, and started the tablet back up again to finish installing my apps, and boom. Every app I downloaded was gone. After downloading (and setting up) a half-dozen apps twice and losing them all, I have downloaded the same app three times to test different methods. Each time the app disappeared. I'm at a loss here.

It seems when I went into the storage settings that there are two SD cards. One internal with about 5GB of storage, and then the 8GB external I popped in from my old tablet. Is there a way to choose the default SD card, or am I stuck using the internal one? I did a complete factory reset (since I had gotten this tablet used from a friend) to see if that would remove the internal SD and let me use my external one, but it didn't change anything, moving anything to the SD card moves it to the internal SD, not the external. The internal SD card is the Bermuda Triangle of data and apps, IMO, and the external is just there because...well, I don't know why it's there except that I put it there hoping to be able to use it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone running 2.3 Gingerbread and I do not have this problem at all. I am able to save to the SD card, and still access everything just fine. I'm not sure what's going on here. I had upgraded my tablet from a Huawei running 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich after my ten-year-old broke it, and had no problem on that OS, either, saving apps to the SD card.

Flungcow

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
If I move apps to the SD card, e.g., keepass, dropbox, and google earth, they eventually disappear, but icons still appear in the app draw. When I click the icon, a message appears saying app is not installed. I haven't figured out when exactly they disappear yet.

Anyone come across this? Any possible solutions?
Thanks!

Just had the same thing happen. Contacted Samsung support (I have a Galaxy S7) and they had me go to settings- applications- application manager- more- show system apps. They were all there. I chose one of them I had been missing and touched it then selected storage and in there was the option to transfer it back to internal storage. I went back and checked and it actually showed all of them that were missing were back in my apps bin again. I am just going to have to make new shortcuts on my desktop. Still pissed at Samsung though for giving us the option to move them to the SD card if it is not going to work right, but am relieved I don't have to re-download a 1.4 gb app using my data plan again.