Apps that do not work currently with the N5/4.4

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Got my new phone yesterday and started setting it up like my GNex. Discovered several apps that don't work:

HBOGO - won't install - not compatible with 4.4
Call Control - won't install - not compatible with 4.4

Post your findings here.

Last edited:

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a weird issue trying to install Google Voice. I was able to download over my home wifi, but when it tried to install, I received an error. I turned off the wifi and used 4G LTE to download. Somehow, it installed.

Pinger text free, and another one for Android crashes. I contacted customer support, and the person acknowledged that there was an issue.
Firefox Beta crashed, but no a big deal. I just downloaded the standard Firefox, and it works.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Facebook does not show up in search results for me (USA) but it does show up in the quick results as I type. If I try to install, it gives an error.

Xposed framework is not 4.4 compatible yet apparently. This is the app that allows you to change the DPI and force tablet UI. With a 1080p screen I'd love to do this. All good things in time.

*edit* spoke too soon. Facebook installed now. Maybe they fixed some issues?

Last edited:

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just Facebook working too. I think they're probably tweaking it in the Play store... I can't even see it using my PC browser (play.google.com), but I did manage to find it on my phone. Weird. I'm in the USA too, by the way.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dolphin browser works but the best feature, pinch to zoom does not work.

Agreed. I sent a support email to the company and they replied back requesting that I install Dolphin Jetpack, implying that would solve the problem. Not only did it NOT solve the problem, I can't even get it to turn on (Dolphin Browser -> Menu -> Settings -> Enable Dolphin Jetpack) won't stay enabled.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
circle launcher - loads, but widgets will not change from the 1x1 widget icon...

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod