apps to SD

cswee10582#AC

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
is there any way to do this? installing apps to SD since there is limited space on the phone.

I've read around that it has to be rooted? I'm no too sure about that method.

Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
is there any way to do this? installing apps to SD since there is limited space on the phone.

I've read around that it has to be rooted? I'm no too sure about that method.

Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

I think there are apps that will allow you to backup and launch(?) apps from the SD card. I checked the Market and found a few using "Apps SD" as a search. It looks like AppManager Pro may do what you are looking for. I haven't tested this so I may be wrong, but I believe this can be done using an app manager/application.

phiqtion

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
if you don't want to brick your sprint hero don't flash anything yet, flashing of custom ROMs only applies to the GSM version and current ROMs are GSM. the CDMA version just came out. this phone has alot of potential right out of the box.

give the devs some time, remember sprint's version has SENSE built in the firmware.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You can go over to unlockr.com and they got directions although I don't like the apps2sd thing. Breaks your ability to mount your sd card...

im running a custom rom on my sprint hero and it has NOT broken my ability to mount my sd card to my comp as a matter of fact just adding a few new cd's right now

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Rooting the Sprint Hero is a pretty easy affair. Follow one of the various guides on the web for it and if you hit any snags start a thread in the Android hacking forum and we can help you out.

You can go over to unlockr.com and they got directions although I don't like the apps2sd thing. Breaks your ability to mount your sd card...

Back up your entire sd card, as it's going to get wiped.
Boot phone into recovery
highlight the section to format your card as fat32+ext2+swap and click the trackball.
When it's done reboot normally.
Copy everything back on to your sd card
uninstall/reinstall all your apps.

You've either got a bad sd card or have something formatted incorrectly.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Did you by any chance try using apps2sd from the market or a third party? if so, you might have to rewipe and reload everything, as well as try a new sd card. Been there :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24