April Fools Joke? (Wishing it was!)

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
All revies have been really good, so the phone itself is not a fumble. Not offering color to everyone? that may be a fumble. PC just reviewed it and it got "excellent", only a 1/2 point under htc one and s4. $400 is insane, phone pricing doesn't work like that for a phone like this. You are adding up hardware and subtracting perhaps something else to price it at $400. The reason $650 won't work because people who already like the latest large souped up androids value it the way a person prices a spec'd out laptop. Laptops prices are a function of chips and hardware, all they need to do apart from that is open and close and not break, they do not need to have any other features other than specs. they don't need comfort or other types of functions. So those who want souped up phones, tally specs and say it's got the most expensive and new chip/screen hardware therefore it's worth the highest price. And that's why people out of contract who buy phones at full price aren't going to go for it. People who are out of contract are paying a decent price for a great phone are going to make a preference choice. Which phone has the most benefit to me, for $200 you are choosing btwn about 4 phones on the market, millions of ppl will choose this one b/c it has more value than a phone with most upgraded hardware. You value something very specific, so you are looking for this phone to fit that category and eanything less to you means overpriced, this phone is not trying to be in that category. It does not want to be an htc one, nor it is a lesser expensive htc one, for that you can buy the mini for $350/$450. That phone is far below this phone.

I get that but they still miss priced it IMHO. they could have priced it above the N4 slightly and made a killing on the exploding pre paid market.

As it is I was just in a target and they are advertising the one for 99.99. Most will see that and say why should I get this when I can get that. That is why the pricing is so bad.

Again I might be wrong and I can accept that. But that ad campaign must be better than the second coming for that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I get that but they still miss priced it IMHO. they could have priced it above the N4 slightly and made a killing on the exploding pre paid market.

As it is I was just in a target and they are advertising the one for 99.99. Most will see that and say why should I get this when I can get that. That is why the pricing is so bad.

Again I might be wrong and I can accept that. But that ad campaign must be better than the second coming for that.

they're about to do the prepaid market. comes right after this, they will be phones similar to the htc one mini and the s4 mini.

and the regular X, just like the htc one, will fall in price, and be the same $99 as the htc. but for now ppl will pass up the $99 htc for the same reasons i have, it has nothing on it that makes me want to buy it vs. the X. The X many things i want. The X is "better" to me, therefore i will pay more. Not everyone, many will find them equal, many will htc better, but many will like the X more.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
that ad campaign must be better than the second coming for that.

Agree, they face many problems. Right down to the AT&T only 32G and colors, and even the Motorola branding. i prefer to have a samsung branding, motorola reminds me of those metal clams.

Verizon ppl are cool with motorola, but Sprint ppl are like: "wha?? what does samsung have"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramukumar64gfd