Are any one having problems with adaptive battery turning off by itself in Android P ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Euwfg

May 28, 2018
Visit site
I have reported this to Google was just wondering if it was just my in particular phone that is all I understand this is a beta and quirks are to.be expected however just wanted to my sure my phone wasn't fubar... Thanks

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Nope not FUBAR my radio apps don't work either. To be expected though, but the beta runs so well otherwise.
I have reported this to Google was just wondering if it was just my in particular phone that is all I understand this is a beta and quirks are to.be expected however just wanted to my sure my phone wasn't fubar... Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
GSam isn't working at all. Had to uninstall it. All I got was symbols making no sense instead of numbers. Informed the dev.
Yes, I should have mentioned that it wasn't working (I reported it to the dev when the latest P Beta came out), but I left it installed so I can see when he pushes an update so I can check it out.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So report it. Everyone who has the problem report it, so they see that it's not a one-off quirk.
Just because it's a Beta doesn't mean that some 3rd party application isn't causing the problem, in which case it would be nice to isolate which app is causing the problem so that it can be reported to the app developer directly. Of course, the only way to do that is to communicate with others who are, and aren't, having the same problem to see if there's something in common. I thought that's what we were doing here; I already did the other part about reporting it to Google (I didn't assume that they were scouring the forums to find out about problems).

ehuange

May 30, 2018
Visit site
Might just be a situational fix specific to me but I found that if I turned off the Battery Saver feature right above it (where you turn it on automatically) the adaptive battery seems to stay on. I'm using a Pixel 2.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Might just be a situational fix specific to me but I found that if I turned off the Battery Saver feature right above it (where you turn it on automatically) the adaptive battery seems to stay on. I'm using a Pixel 2.
Must be something else going on - I've never turned Battery Saver on (confirmed that it's still off) but Adaptive Battery turns itself off constantly. Oh well.

whelmar

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Must be something else going on - I've never turned Battery Saver on (confirmed that it's still off) but Adaptive Battery turns itself off constantly. Oh well.

I noticed it turning off by itself too. It starting when I turned off the always on display. I've turned that back on and adaptive battery has stayed on now for about 12 hrs... We will see...

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I noticed it turning off by itself too. It starting when I turned off the always on display. I've turned that back on and adaptive battery has stayed on now for about 12 hrs... We will see...
+/- AOD makes no difference on my 2 XL: Adaptive Battery shuts off regardless in < 1 hour.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20