Are glass screen protectors really worth it over plastic?

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Price is pretty close, so is it worth it? Do the glass ones feel like the normal S5 screen?

I've never used a plastic one; my Tech Armor ballistic glass protector feels like the S5 glass screen. But it has one HUGE advantage (besides the scratch protection) - it's very very resistant to smudging from skin oil on your fingertips. (The Zagg glass protectors are really bad in this regard.) On another S5 forum a user noted that he's a mechanic and is surprised at how well the Tech Armor resists smudging.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes and yes. IMHO, it is tons better than the plastic ones. I barely notice it is there and it feels like what it is, glass!

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Just to reiterate what others have said, they are absolutely worth it. I wouldn't, however, go spend $40 on one of the more expensive brands. The $10-$15 protector I got (luvvitt) does just fine and then some.

larrykay

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I always used the plastic ones, but after I got my S5 I decided to try a glass one... I will never go back to plastic!

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the plastic one that came with my UAG case and have been pleasantly surprised. I normally hate screen protectors.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes absolutely worth it. The feel is so much better. Your fingers will glide across the screen instead of dragging across. They don't have that tacky feel of plastic. I have a Spigen glasstr on mine.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on how well you handle your phone. I was thinking about getting a screen protector. But I handle my phones pretty well so I just use the plastic protector.

Posted via Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 😎

Jaxmine

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Can someone send me the links on where to purchase different (good) glass screen protectors that aren't $30+

Posted via Android Central App

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I got the glass screen protector for my brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 and I love it! I forget that I even have a screen protector on my phone! From here on out, I'll always go glass instead of plastic! Way better feel and better protection!

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the glass screen protectors just feel better. My fingers drag across plastic screen protectors, but glass screen protectors feel like the real screen.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the ZeroLemon glass screen protector. I think it was $10 on Amazon. I love it. I will never go back to a plastic screen protector again. I just wish there was a smaller protector for the rear camera.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Had never even heard of them until this past weekend when I got my S5 and the Verizon rep asked if I wanted one. $18.

I am freaking amazed at how great it is, would never use anything else now.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I've been lucky or what, I've never used a screen protector and every phone I've used that has one drives me crazy. Someone told me I should get one of these glass ones but to be honest I don't see the need. I have two kids and am not super easy on my phone, so to each their own.