Are MVNOs networks more susceptible for not getting or receiving texts ?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
To those who don't know MVNOs networks are your Spectrum mobile, Mint Mobile, Cricket.
My phone by the way is the Pixel 4a non 5G model, That's not even a year old yet.

Anyway my question is my topic title. Every so often friends will tell me they sent me messages but I never got them. It shows on their phones the messages they sent but on my phone nothing I never received them.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Which MVNO do you have? What is the signal strength of your mobile network in dBm when these problems occur? Are these problems happening during busy times of the day?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I have Mint Mobile and it only happens maybe once or twice every 2-4 weeks. The LTE signal is about at 80%. I guess now I that I really think about it my problem is probably not considered that bad, with the frequency that it is happening at....right ?

Not sure if this also could be caused by my MVNO but often this does happen on a weekly basis, when I take a picture and try and load it into a text to send to somebody pretty often all I see is a arrow turning clockwise for a while without it ever loading the picture. So what ends up happening I need to back out of the messaging (stock) app then going back in the app reloading the picture then it will go through.

I don't ever remember having these problems with Spectrum mobile before. Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Mint Mobile and it only happens maybe once or twice every 2-4 weeks. The LTE signal is about at 80%. I guess now I that I really think about it my problem is probably not considered that bad, with the frequency that it is happening at....right ?

Not sure if this also could be caused by my MVNO but often this does happen on a weekly basis, when I take a picture and try and load it into a text to send to somebody pretty often all I see is a arrow turning clockwise for a while without it ever loading the picture. So what ends up happening I need to back out of the messaging (stock) app then going back in the app reloading the picture then it will go through.

I don't ever remember having these problems with Spectrum mobile before. Thanks
The difference is Mint uses the T-Mobile network, but Spectrum uses the Verizon network. This could simply be due to Verizon having better signal in your area than T-Mobile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even if the signal is temporarily poor, though, I would've thought that the missed message would eventually come through later. That's what usually happens to me -- if I'm in a dead zone and then finally get into an area with coverage, I'll see messages come in that were actually sent while I was in that dead zone.

It's worth calling Mint Mobile about this an seeing if they have any ideas.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
I guess it can be location/signal dependent and possibly iPhone or Android platform too. I am located in a US east coast major metropolitan area with oodles of connectivity.

In my experiences over the past 5+ years:

(All iPhone) Rare/no issues on Straight Talk.

(Pixel 4a) Rare/no issues on Google Fi (their service was weird- got charged for mobile data when on very stable wifi in my house, billing and support were horrid).

(Pixel 4a and 6, OnePlus 8 and 8T) Some texting delivery disappearance issues on US Mobile (black SIM) Verizon 4G LTE and no issues on US Mobile (white SIM) 5G. Wifi calling and voice mail work better for me on T-Mobile too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon