Are people being too hard on the Moto X Style/PE/2015 Model?

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
People are complaining about the screen, but a user here clarified the whole TFT LCD. People are overreacting because the screen looked excellent based on some of the videos.

I was a little concerned about the camera but so far it looks like Motorola has finally provided a good camera for the X.

The battery is not too big of a difference from the Note 4's battery.

I think people are being too hard on it.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how people can be hard on a phone that no one has really used yet. Heck we don't even know everything about the technical details that Motorola may have put in the phone that we don't know about yet. So far, I like everything I see and unless there is a huge glaring issue with the phone once it gets out in the wild in the reviewer's hands, it's probably going to be my next phone.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
People are complaining about the screen, but a user here clarified the whole TFT LCD. People are overreacting because the screen looked excellent based on some of the videos.

I was a little concerned about the camera but so far it looks like Motorola has finally provided a good camera for the X.

The battery is not too big of a difference from the Note 4's battery.

I think people are being too hard on it.

I don't think people have been hard on the Style at all. There's always gonna be complaints since that perfect phone just never seems to come about. I know I voiced my frustration with the battery size, especially since the Play was so much larger.

But look at the OP2, or what they're saying about the rumored specs on the Note 5. This is nothing compared to most phones and I'd say the overwhelming majority have been extremely positive with the Style.

I came around on the battery issue since it has quick charge, and I'll be carrying a power station on the weekends of need be. Since I've never had quick charge I probably overreacted. As far as the display, that technology has evolved, and I think some people might have initially overreacted.

I'll want to see the Nexus before ultimately making a decision, but I suspect at least amongst the AC crowd, the Moto Style/Pure is gonna be the best phone in 2015 when you take everything into consideration. I mean, $399 for an unlocked, bloat free, non branded phone with front speakers, SD slot and the best UX out there, what's there not to like?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think people have been hard on the Style at all. There's always gonna be complaints since that perfect phone just never seems to come about. I know I voiced my frustration with the battery size, especially since the Play was so much larger.

But look at the OP2, or what they're saying about the rumored specs on the Note 5. This is nothing compared to most phones and I'd say the overwhelming majority have been extremely positive with the Style.

I came around on the battery issue since it has quick charge, and I'll be carrying a power station on the weekends of need be. Since I've never had quick charge I probably overreacted. As far as the display, that technology has evolved, and I think some people might have initially overreacted.

I'll want to see the Nexus before ultimately making a decision, but I suspect at least amongst the AC crowd, the Moto Style/Pure is gonna be the best phone in 2015 when you take everything into consideration. I mean, $399 for an unlocked, bloat free, non branded phone with front speakers, SD slot and the best UX out there, what's there not to like?

I agree.

Since no OEM will ever create the perfect phone, some will always find ways to complain.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm restraining my real criticisms until I can hold one, put one in my pockets, and see how that battery performs in the AC review. What I'm really looking forward to is all the little software tweaks and features that don't traditionally get a lot of coverage. And I am gonna use the ever-loving heck out of the new media controls in Moto Display!

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little disappointed with the size. I recently picked up a 2014 X after using a OPO for about 8 months. Prior to the OPO I had a 2013 X that I loved. Except for the battery life.

The OPO battery life was outstanding and is what really me in initially, but I never quite got used to the 5.5" screen.

When the $300 Red Leather 2014 X deal was out I picked one up. I realized that the 5.2" screen is an ideal size for me and Quick Charge, while not an ideal solution, makes the small battery less of an issue.

While I would have been happy with an updated 2014 X with a 3000 mhz battery, I think the price is right on the new model and hopefully the new screen won't negate the battery size increase.

I'll reserve final judgment on the 2015 X until reviews are out and I see one in the wild.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea. It's not even out yet.

Complainers gonna complain.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you look at the threads here at least, it is the same couple of people in every one complaining over and over the same complaints.

Now for the overall complaints from other sites are a little different. I completely get the disappointment in the size. Many do not want a phone that big, and small phone options are few and far between. I however do not understand the battery complaints at all. It is a huge battery. Comparable in size to the note 4(probably better in general life), and I do not see any complaints there. Yes the battery could have been bigger, but that is always going to be true. The general life will most definitely be better than previous x's, which were both fine-to-good depending on who you asked.

And of course we really know nothing until average people have the phone in their hands...

Sent from my XT1096

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you look at the threads here at least, it is the same couple of people in every one complaining over and over the same complaints.

Now for the overall complaints from other sites are a little different. I completely get the disappointment in the size. Many do not want a phone that big, and small phone options are few and far between. I however do not understand the battery complaints at all. It is a huge battery. Comparable in size to the note 4(probably better in general life), and I do not see any complaints there. Yes the battery could have been bigger, but that is always going to be true. The general life will most definitely be better than previous x's, which were both fine-to-good depending on who you asked.

And of course we really know nothing until average people have the phone in their hands...

Sent from my XT1096

I agree with everything except for the "huge battery" part and "fine to good." Most reviews on the 2013 and 2014 Moto X that I've read, as well as several of my friends, have all said the two things they didn't like about it were the camera and the battery.

3000 mAh on a 5.7" 1440p display isn't huge. if it were 4000 mAh I'd call it huge, but I anticipate 3.5-4 hours SOT at best. I'll reserve judgment until I see how well it's optimized though. I'd be more than happy if it gets Note 4 battery life, but don't forget, the Turbo gets pretty much the same juice as the Note 4, and that's 3900 mAh.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Almost every flagship phone that comes out draws complaints long before it gets released. Shouldn't be too surprised by that. People will find any reason to complain even though they have yet to experience the device in person.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Almost every flagship phone that comes out draws complaints long before it gets released. Shouldn't be too surprised by that. People will find any reason to complain even though they have yet to experience the device in person.

agreed. and more and more I care less and less about specs. they're just not nearly as important as they were a few years ago. just look at the iPhone. it's all about user experience and optimization.

I almost always reserve judgment until I hold one in my hands, except for features, like SD slot, fingerprint scanner, removable battery, etc. I think it's fair to voice your concerns, but to outright dismiss a phone just cause it doesn't pass the outdated spec test, is just not understanding how phones are made in 2015.