are there any disadvantages to using nova launcher on pixel 7?

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about using a launcher, and I know it's silly, but I can see a difference in the animations when doing anything from inside the actual launcher.
It is very minor, but it just bugs me. I think if it could be installed as a system app it would not be an issue, but I don't root my phones anymore.

If it doesn't bother you, nova has so many more customizations that its hands down better then stock

Reactions: srgonu

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about using a launcher, and I know it's silly, but I can see a difference in the animations when doing anything from inside the actual launcher.
It is very minor, but it just bugs me. I think if it could be installed as a system app it would not be an issue, but I don't root my phones anymore.

If it doesn't bother you, nova has so many more customizations that its hands down better then stock
Totally agree with this conclusion. Animations aren't fluid with launchers and even though I like nova, I see the change which bugs me and uninstall it.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree with this conclusion. Animations aren't fluid with launchers and even though I like nova, I see the change which bugs me and uninstall it.
Every android is using a launcher. It's what that interface you swipe through, click on, look at is. Even a stock Pixel is using the Pixel Launcher. On a Samsung, it's called Home, but it's still a launcher.

I don't happen to find any issues with animations. Smooth as can be, and I'm using Nova on a Samsung S20 FE.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Been using Nova Launcher Prime since the Nexus 5. I currently use it on my Pixel 7 Pro. Gestures are a amazing and the custom gestures should be standard android.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I also see no discernible difference between Nova and the Pixel launcher when it comes to fluidity. If you're seeing a difference then there are adjustments that can be made with both launchers. I prefer to use native apps whenever possible. If I could remove the obnoxious search bar from the Pixel launcher I "might" use it! I have NEVER, ever used any search feature on any phone I have ever owned? SMH

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Every android is using a launcher. It's what that interface you swipe through, click on, look at is. Even a stock Pixel is using the Pixel Launcher. On a Samsung, it's called Home, but it's still a launcher.

I don't happen to find any issues with animations. Smooth as can be, and I'm using Nova on a Samsung S20 FE.
And on the Pixel, the pixel launcher is a system app, other launchers aren't. Samsung Home is also a system app. Your comment is pointless, as it's not relevant to what was being said in regards to animations.

This has been written about and was discussed by a developer of a 3rd party launcher.

Just because some of you don't notice, or feel turning animations to .5 is a solution, doesn't mean others don't notice and don't want to change other settings to fix problems.

Some people don't notice the difference between 60hz and 90 hz, I do. Doesn't mean because they don't see it the difference isn't there

Reactions: srgonu

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Even though I like having folders inside app drawer and don't like having Google search stick on home screen, I can't stand the experience using Nova launcher compared to pixel launcher which is system app. Even on my ZF3, I stay with one UI for the same reason. It's a small difference but I do notice in every interaction which I don't like

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Even though I like having folders inside app drawer and don't like having Google search stick on home screen, I can't stand the experience using Nova launcher compared to pixel launcher which is system app. Even on my ZF3, I stay with one UI for the same reason. It's a small difference but I do notice in every interaction which I don't like
Your ZF3 is a horrible reference to using a non stock launcher as it isn't optimized for use on a folding device and also the fact that on a zfold the inner and otter displays are separate layouts with Samsung UI and that is not the case with a non stock launcher.

As for Nova on a pixel, I personally do not experience "lag" or any other performance issue as a few others have described. I guess to each their own and whatever works better for you is what is best.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Definitely a preference for sure …I’ve had the ZF2 and ZF3 and agree that folding phones and Nova are not a good mix ..only time I ditched Nova. .5x animations I used even with stock launchers …it’s more than enough to enjoy the fluidity … everyone has preferences so try it out and judge for yourself ..there’s no wrong or right

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Your ZF3 is a horrible reference to using a non stock launcher as it isn't optimized for use on a folding device and also the fact that on a zfold the inner and otter displays are separate layouts with Samsung UI and that is not the case with a non stock launcher.

As for Nova on a pixel, I personally do not experience "lag" or any other performance issue as a few others have described. I guess to each their own and whatever works better for you is what is best.
Unless in this case ZF3 means Z Flip 3 rather than Z Fold 3.

Ambiguous initialisation is ambiguous.

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Does Nova give you an option for a better phone dialer than the standard one. I hate that it can't be full screen all the time, especially when a call comes in and all you get is a little square on top of the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007