Are we getting Marshmallow?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it. This device got Lollipop around Thanksgiving of 2015 (I believe). At this point, it's a lame-duck device, we'll be lucky to even see security updates.

I'm actually in search of a replacement, hoping that Google announces a second-gen Pixel-C.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Lame duck device?! I've had mine for just over 3 years and recently told someone that if there is a better tablet on the market I don't need it! And for someone that always feels she needs the latest and greatest, that's saying something.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
While it may be a good device, as far as updates are concerned it's too old. Consider how many devices Samsung releases every year - Galaxy S, Galaxy Note (phones), Galaxy Tab, A-series, J-series. Imagine having to be the one to tell the CFO that it makes financial sense to spend money updating a device released 3 years ago. Yeah, that doesn't go over well.

It happens with ALL types of software, at some point the decision need to be made to shut off support and updates for older versions because the user base just isn't there to make it worthwhile to continue support. Sure, it's disappointing for those still using that software (or device in this case), but it has to happen SOMETIME.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxrrk