are you glad you didn't get the EVO?

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - Vidéo 720p avec un Samsung Galaxy S

That one shows how much detail you get in the shots, but you do see some artifacting on the lines on the field, and if you look at the ball, it doesn't move very smoothly.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S HD video recording sample

This one shows quite a bit of artifacting and compression. I don't know if it is hte lighting conditions or maybe he is using digital zoom. For whatever reason, it doesn't look as good as the others.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S 720p Outdoor Video

outdoor clip, looks OK. lots of compression around the fine details like hte trees, but overall it looks good.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S 720p Video

a short indoor video. Looks OK.

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an Evo 4G, my first true smart phone on launch day and I have been really enjoying it. Android is a great operating system. I really miss having a physical keyboard however. I am really looking hard at the upcoming Epic 4G. I am a Premier customer and I don't know if I will be able to talk Sprint retention into allowing me another upgrade, but I am almost definite that I intend to upgrade to an Epic 4G when it is released.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an Evo 4G, my first true smart phone on launch day and I have been really enjoying it. Android is a great operating system. I really miss having a physical keyboard however. I am really looking hard at the upcoming Epic 4G. I am a Premier customer and I don't know if I will be able to talk Sprint retention into allowing me another upgrade, but I am almost definite that I intend to upgrade to an Epic 4G when it is released.

The most they are moving upgrade dates up is 2 weeks, so if I were you I'd either return the Evo if you're within 30 days or get ready to put it up on eBay.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - Vidéo 720p avec un Samsung Galaxy S

That one shows how much detail you get in the shots, but you do see some artifacting on the lines on the field, and if you look at the ball, it doesn't move very smoothly.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S HD video recording sample

This one shows quite a bit of artifacting and compression. I don't know if it is hte lighting conditions or maybe he is using digital zoom. For whatever reason, it doesn't look as good as the others.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S 720p Outdoor Video

outdoor clip, looks OK. lots of compression around the fine details like hte trees, but overall it looks good.

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S 720p Video

a short indoor video. Looks OK.

Thanks for the links.. those videos are light years ahead of the EVO 4G.. That's it! I've decided to pass on the EVO.. the camera is just too poor.

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The most they are moving upgrade dates up is 2 weeks, so if I were you I'd either return the Evo if you're within 30 days or get ready to put it up on eBay.

Unfortunately the 30 days runs out tomorrow, July 4th, on a holiday. I am sure that I could get a decent price for my gently used Evo on ebay. But of course I am then stuck with paying full price, approx $500 for a brand new Epic 4G! I guess if I call retention and threaten to go to Verizon or elsewhere after twelve years as a Premier business customer they are going to tell me to go, eh?

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Another thing you might try is seeing if you could swap the Evo for the Epic once it's released. If the Evo is in good condition, you may be able to do a straight trade with somebody. If not, you wouldn't have to throw in much additional cash, I wouldn't think.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the 30 days runs out tomorrow, July 4th, on a holiday. I am sure that I could get a decent price for my gently used Evo on ebay. But of course I am then stuck with paying full price, approx $500 for a brand new Epic 4G! I guess if I call retention and threaten to go to Verizon or elsewhere after twelve years as a Premier business customer they are going to tell me to go, eh?

They aren't going to give you another upgrade if you threaten to go to Verizon. Go to Verizon you will just end up paying more than $500 more on the life of the contract. You can call and tell them you want to return., You will pay a $35.00 restocking fee and not guaranteed another upgrade.

kbritt#WP

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
jamex still trolling?

it's kind of hilarious but if you look at his post history on BOTH androidcentral and precentral, every single one of them is bashing the EVO.

note to jamex:

we get what you're saying, in fact you have been saying the same single thing about color depth, blah blah nonstop. get over it dude.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
jamex still trolling?

it's kind of hilarious but if you look at his post history on BOTH androidcentral and precentral, every single one of them is bashing the EVO.

note to jamex:

we get what you're saying, in fact you have been saying the same single thing about color depth, blah blah nonstop. get over it dude.

God forbid you tell precentral people when they ask what Palm's mascot should be, that it should be a nice steaming pile of poop. They'll ban you over there for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao