Are you happy with the S24 Ultra?

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I've had the S23 Ultra locked to TMobile, an unlocked OnePlus 12 and not the S24 Ultra. I chose the OnePlus over the S23 Ultra because of battery life. I left OnePlus and started using my S23 ultra again.
I ultimately decided to order an S24 Ultra cause of the sale for the blue version. I'm not in love with the color, but it was only $400 with S23 Ultra trade-in.
I kept the S24 Ultra cause it does offer better battery over S23 Ultra, and the esthetics are better, in my opinion. Also, I was sold on the S23 Ultra as a keeper of a phone. The S24 Ultra will get longer updates. So I decided to keep it.

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site
For years I buy the Galaxy Sxx Ultra on the day they are officially introduced. For last year and this year, you basically receive a phone that is in beta status, and it takes Samsung way too long to fix things, “maybe June” is the last thing I read about several very important fixes. I might change my mind about buying right on release date and wait about 5 to 6 months after, by that time the phone should be out of beta and work as intended. It was certainly the case with last year’s Galaxy S23 Ultra, this year, we only know when Samsung decided to fix things.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the pre-launch deal on my S24U, coming from the S22U, and I'm quite happy with the upgrade. I really liked my 22, but the 24 is, in the phrese from an old children's story, is "ever so much more so." Is it the Alpha-Omega? No. Really, no phone is. It's an incremental step and improvement in a long-lived line of phones, and stands in its own light. I like it quite well, and glad I made the trade.

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I hate it ...upgraded for the same reason, better camera - I miss everything about my S22 Ultra except I will say I have much better battery life - I find the s24U heavy and incomfortable to hold and I don't find the camera or features to be *better* than what I had - I've considered switching to s23U

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
I prefer a heavier phone. It feels like i have something in my hand, something that i'm not likely to drop. Couple that with a decent, grippy case and i'm good to go. The camera is adequate for my needs, and the battery life is great. If you really hate this phone, then you should trade it in for one that you're more comfortable with.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I hate it ...upgraded for the same reason, better camera - I miss everything about my S22 Ultra except I will say I have much better battery life - I find the s24U heavy and incomfortable to hold and I don't find the camera or features to be *better* than what I had - I've considered switching to s23U
I had the exact opposite reaction. I gave my S22U to my aunt and got the S24U. Every time I handle her phone, it seems heavier than what I'm obviously accustomed to - the S24U. curious.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact opposite reaction. I gave my S22U to my aunt and got the S24U. Every time I handle her phone, it seems heavier than what I'm obviously accustomed to - the S24U. curious.
I feel the same. Despite the S24 Ultra being heavier than the S22 Ultra, it doesn't feel as heavy to me because it seems better balanced. The S22 Ultra felt more top-heavy to me.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I will say I traded in my S23U for the S24U with no hesitation. The S24U has been a total beast of a phone.
I have used the zoom to get pics I cannot get with my P8P or 15PM. I used the zoom a few weeks ago to identify a black bear that was walking across a lake from me. The picture was too grainy to be anything but the zoom was good enough for me to see what type of animal it was from across a lake!

But I will say this...I wish I could get all the goodness of the S24U...only with rounded edges. Even if that meant no S-Pen.

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
See, this is what i love about the s24u. Don't need Android File Transfer any more. Don't have to plug the phone into the computer any more to add files, pics or whatever. My google file app does it all. I did a lot of reading before i bought this phone, and that fact was never mentioned at all. Couldn't do that with my pixel 8. It just gets better.:giggle:

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I put my comments on Page 1 but one thing I've come to realize, despite at my own accord upgrading to every Ultra (even before there was Ultra, S10 5G Chonker Boy), every iteration improves on something the last should have, though sometimes that improvement is worse.

The S23 U had a less curved screen. Great right? No, now the domed UV LOCA Screen protectors don't have enough surface to grip to. So I thought, awesome, finally!! a flat screen. Phone felt great but, in my case I do use zoom a lot and the camera was/is a significant downgrade.

So will the S25 be THE perfect Galaxy, of course not. It might for me, but might not be for others here. Just like many of you love the S24 U and I didn't love mine which I'm sure has found a nice new home as a mildly used factory referb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones