Are you happy with your Droid?

Happy or not?

• Total voters

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Simple question... are you happy with your Droid?

On forums you will always get people asking for help with a issue or venting about an issue and that is to be expected but I want to see how many of you are overall happy or unhappy with your purchase.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I could not be happier. I was never one to sit back and complain about my original Storm, but I must say that after switching to the Droid, and Android in general, I don't think I will ever look back. This device just FLIES for me, and I don't think I have one major thing to complain about. My hats off to Google, Motorola and Verizon!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
And if you vote no or too early to tell - please leave a post explaining why. I'd like to hear your reasoning.

R

Roy Aguilera

After owning the Storm1/2, iPhone and Tour within the last year. I can honestly say this is alpha dog. I could not be happier. Best phone on the best network.
Droid? is a bucket of does.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I am having issues that i would like to see at least acknowledged, specifically with Gmail app and facebook. Other then that i honestly LOVE the phone. even though there are a few things that need to be tweaked, the things that this phone can do are amazing.

R

Roy Aguilera

It's safe to say Google is working on the issues. Unlike RIM I see Google taking care of issues sooner. We already know that an update is coming in December. I know the phone has not been out too long but its reasuring to know that our problems/complaints are being acknowledged. There is not too many issues with the Droid, unlike the S1 when it dropped (tons of bugs lag, orientation, clicking, memory, camera, reboots....ect). It has been 12 months and although 5.0 is out there is still a few unbearable issues. Just look at the Storm forums. I know that 6 months after the Droids release there will be less issues with it than Storm issues after a whole year. I think some are complaining about the Droid cause they wanna return it and need someone else to tell them they are making a good call doing so. Honestly if you need the money, feel you paid too much, are scared something better is coming out after your 30 days are up then do what you are gonna do anyways. Take it back and wait for a cheaper, better, faster phone.

Last edited:

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
When i got my droid i was so excited to be getting rid of my storm. I had my S1 since december of last year and i never had any MAJOR issues. The screen would not rotate, typing was slow, the browser was horrible and only being able to do one thing at a time was hard. With the droid everything just works (for the most part) and it seems to be that the problems are few and that google is doing a good job fixing the problems as soon as possible.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This has to be, at least so far, the first time I have ever seen a poll like this where not a single person has flat out said they were not satisfied. Just goes to show you how successful this device is so far.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I am having issues that i would like to see at least acknowledged, specifically with Gmail app and facebook. Other then that i honestly LOVE the phone. even though there are a few things that need to be tweaked, the things that this phone can do are amazing.

And that's why I asked if you were overall happy with the device. Software issues are to be expected and should be corrected.

tkfox007

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I could not be happier with this phone. I, like many of you, had a Storm1 after getting used to it the Storm just couldn't keep up with me and my typing. The browser was slow and the phone just had overall problems and the click screen is garbage. I switch to the Droid and gave the Storm to my Mother, which would be a good phone smartphone for her.

Back to the Droid, this thing is so fast and the voice recognition is amazing. I've had phones that couldn't understand what I was saying. This thing gets me every single time and I don't have to talk like a robot for it understand. I've not gone through my contacts ever since they were entered. I'm just waiting for the update to fix the camera. I've had it for 4 days and I'm already typing fast on the keyboard and I'm so happy that I have an actual physical keyboard again. I think that if Verizon were to get the iPhone, don't think I would switch. The iPhone is a great device, but I think the Droid is better.

The Droid is such a user friendly device and the experience is a joy to use. Best phone ever!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If there is one thing I would like to add to my previous post, it's that this device is probably the first smartphone I've ever had that is actually FUN to use. I will sometimes find myself just turning on the screen and playing around the menu for no apparent reason. I'll quite frequently reply to a text or an email that I wouldn't normally reply to from somebody just because I enjoy typing on the Droid and using the Device. Sometimes I'll be sitting in front of my computer and still be browsing the web on the Droid just because. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts