Are you still happy with your Note 10.1?

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I am in the process of looking for a tablet and have basically narrowed it down to the Note 10.1 2014 edition and the Tab S 8.4. I wanted to hear from some of the people who have used the Note for a while to see if they still recommend it since it's been on the market for over a year. Is the S-Pen worth it? I had heard that the Note 4 had a lot of improvement in the S-Pen features over the Note 3. Did this translate at all to the Note 10.1 or is it all Note 3 technology?

I still haven't determined the size I want yet, which is why I'm between the 10.1 and the S 8.4 instead of the S 10.5. It's tempting to go with the 8.4 with the same amount of pixels as the larger tablets on the smaller frame, plus is a half year newer than the Note.

Any thoughts on the subject would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Speaking from a point of "old eyes" the 10.1 format is my preference...Am I happy with it, but except for fact I dropped it a week or so ago and shattered digitizer screen (my bad-not tablet design fault), Part on order to replace, will I continue to use it, yes, you bet... "All most" wished I has something bigger... Can't think of how awkward it would be with something smaller..

Dale

Last edited:

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I love mine. I got it the day it released and have been using it everyday since. It's a fine tablet and the pen is really good. As far as the note 4 and the note 10.1 2014, they note 4 has a better optimization of the S pen but you can still do most everything on the 10.1.

I have looked into the tab S because of the beautiful screen but I couldn't do without the S pen. I think it's a great buy and you can probably get it cheap.

Posted via the Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh Yes! Put ME on the list of STILL THRILLED with my Note 10.1 2014. I got it right at release date and have used it every day, from 8-12 hours a day. I get good battery life, and got a small portable charger to augment that before it runs too low, so I can usually get 12 hours a day out of it. I have found I LOVE and use the S-Pen far more than I ever thought I would. In fact now, I dont think I could use a tablet without one.

The screen, the features, the extra capabilities I have because I've rooted it (The day after the 1 year warranty ran out), I use it for business, for pleasure, for communication, for entertainment. I think its the best tech toy Ive ever had.

I would not want a screen any bigger and would not go back to a non stylus tablet

Hope you get one and enjoy it as much as I have.

lbabus

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
We have had 2 for over a year and use them for pleasure. Really love them. Could you give some ideas as to what you add by rooting the device? Haven't done that yet but am curious what it would get me. Thanks.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
We have had 2 for over a year and use them for pleasure. Really love them. Could you give some ideas as to what you add by rooting the device? Haven't done that yet but am curious what it would get me. Thanks.

The biggest benefit from rooting is the ability to add any app to the multi view and pen windows

Last edited:

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I ditched mine, I've gone onto other form factors and features. The spen was cool for a while, used it often, but yeah I won't buy another Samsung tablet, my own preference right now at least, maybe they'll convert me back someday.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I ditched mine, I've gone onto other form factors and features. The spen was cool for a while, used it often, but yeah I won't buy another Samsung tablet, my own preference right now at least, maybe they'll convert me back someday.

Just curious, what did you get to replace it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678