Are you taking advantage of the S8 Samsung Pay promo?

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody taking advantage of the Samsung Pay promo where you are automatically Platinum and get 2500 points by your 10th purchase?

One of the top rewards is a VR. I'm gonna try to get one.
It says 4x points but I'm noticing when I spend $5 for lunch I get 40 points which is more like 8x points! This is on top of my bank giving me points for the credit card I use in Samsung Pay. What a deal!!!

Attachments

• 23166.jpg
    23166.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 133

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty cool. Most have been using samsung pay for a while now. The points add up pretty quick

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I have used it some but my problem is most of my card payments are either for bills which are online or gas which is pay at the pump.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have used it some but my problem is most of my card payments are either for bills which are online or gas which is pay at the pump.
Stick your license in the card reader at the pump and place your phone up to it as you pull it out. I now use Samsung Pay at the pump. Don't have to worry about skimmers anymore plus you get points.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anybody taking advantage of the Samsung Pay promo where you are automatically Platinum and get 2500 points by your 10th purchase?

One of the top rewards is a VR. I'm gonna try to get one.
It says 4x points but I'm noticing when I spend $5 for lunch I get 40 points which is more like 8x points! This is on top of my bank giving me points for the credit card I use in Samsung Pay. What a deal!!!
Yes. I'm a platinum Samsung Pay user and get 40 pts per purchase. Sold my free Gear vr and recently cashed in on a $2] visa rewards for 5000 pts. I believe they cap the nbr of transactions per month to something like 60. Only know because I hit it once lok

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, been frequent user of samsung pay, got the 2500 points for switching to s8, in addition got the VR for pre-ordering. Extra points put me high enough to get a Samsung gear fit 2 for my wife for mother's day.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea I don't know about sticking my license in the pump. I mean it was a while ago and I'm sure they fixed this glitch, but someone in area where i live couple years ago was able to buy gas with his driver's license for a while and got away with it. Later on the gas station owner caught wind of it, and contacted the police, and they were able to get him because the pump was able to read and store the drivers license informstion, and the police were able to get it and catch the guy.

But in your case you are still paying with Samsung pay, so it's all good. Not saying I'll try it, but flipping the credit card and then using Samsung pay sounds intriguing. There are some pumps here that has a NFC pad for payment now, all pumps should upgrade to that.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Yea I don't know about sticking my license in the pump. I mean it was a while ago and I'm sure they fixed this glitch, but someone in area where i live couple years ago was able to buy gas with his driver's license for a while and got away with it. Later on the gas station owner caught wind of it, and contacted the police, and they were able to get him because the pump was able to read and store the drivers license informstion, and the police were able to get it and catch the guy.

But in your case you are still paying with Samsung pay, so it's all good. Not saying I'll try it, but flipping the credit card and then using Samsung pay sounds intriguing. There are some pumps here that has a NFC pad for payment now, all pumps should upgrade to that.

Doesn't have to be your ID. Any card should work.

It's just to get the reader to start working.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Cool trick, but seems like it would be easier just to go ahead and swipe a credit card.
Oh it's definitely easier to just swipe a card. If it were only for points, I probably wouldn't do it. However, at some gas stations in the city there have been skimmers. If someone skims Samsung Pay, I'm still protected. I wouldn't be if they got my actual card number. I do it to protect my information, the extra points are just icing on the cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord