Are you using a case on your nexus 4?

Are you casing your nexus 4?

• Total voters

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the I blason TPU case. So far so good. The sides are clear and the back is "frosted" so its somewhat transparent. I also have front and back screen protectors. No problems so gar but I would still like to get an OEM bumper case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

yeah i also have the s line tpu case but ruined it cuz i tried to cut out the sides with a razor knife. im waiting for the oem bumper or some other bumper besides poetic

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Zagg protector on the back glass and nothing on the front. All the stories of phones sliding off surfaces and the glass cracking when setting on a counter spooked me. A good side effect is that the Zagg provides more grip than the glass alone.

thats good to hear. another possibility for me lol. i ordered the xtremeguard screen protectors for front and back (only like $5 on amazon) and its a wet application guard. i would assume its similar to the zagg?

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Screw getting a case, I want people to be able to see the awesome back and front of the phone properly and sure it always slides around when I have it on the sofa but I just position it now so it can't slide off the sofa onto the floor!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use a pouch. I can't stand cases and it takes away the whole appeal of having a light nice looking phone.

i dont understand the purpose of the pouch. every time you need to use it you have to take it out, leaving your phone exposed. i hate cases too but am still using one nonetheless.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am one of the only ones that likes cases. What is the point of a thin and light phone if the screen is smashed?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

squirrelproductions

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
thats good to hear. another possibility for me lol. i ordered the xtremeguard screen protectors for front and back (only like $5 on amazon) and its a wet application guard. i would assume its similar to the zagg?
I've been using the xtremeguard screen protectors for both the front and back glass since my 5th day when I shoved my N4 into my jeans pocket and the factory screen protectors (with labels and all) came off. I can't speak for the Zagg never having used them, but the xtremeguard does add a little bit more grip during use (which can take getting used to especially when compared to naked screen).

Coming up on 2 months with the xtremeguard, I have no complaints and recommend them to family and friends. I even picked up an xtremeguard screen protector for our N7.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the xtremeguard screen protectors for both the front and back glass since my 5th day when I shoved my N4 into my jeans pocket and the factory screen protectors (with labels and all) came off. I can't speak for the Zagg never having used them, but the xtremeguard does add a little bit more grip during use (which can take getting used to especially when compared to naked screen).

Coming up on 2 months with the xtremeguard, I have no complaints and recommend them to family and friends. I even picked up an xtremeguard screen protector for our N7.

nice! only thing that bothers me is the whole wet applicator thing. never done that before...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They are no big deal as long as you have a touch of OCD and start with a very clean surface.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
i dont understand the purpose of the pouch. every time you need to use it you have to take it out, leaving your phone exposed. i hate cases too but am still using one nonetheless.
The nice thing about a microfiber pouch (or a lined pouch) is that everytime you take the phone in and out, you clean the screen.

The point of one is to let you use a "naked" phone while still having something to protect it in your pocket, bag, etc. It also has the benefit (like a case) of keeping the phone from sliding when you set it on the desk (or couch). And man this is one slippery phone...

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually go naked on my phones... I buy them for the function but also the look...

I hate. HATE disguising my phones... And putting them into big bulky cases... I had them on every phone past and they just impeded functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know the poetic bumpers had some quality issues with parts separating after a few days of use, but they claim to have fixed those over on Amazon so I'm giving one a try now. Normally I like my phones "naked" but their bumper isn't bad. If it holds up I'll probably keep using it, but if it does fall apart I'll just go back to using a naked phone.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Have two cases...LG bumper and Nillkin flip case. However I use my phone naked 75% of the time. Love the way it feels without the case

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

The Zagg is a wet application. The first time I used the Zagg protector for my Nexus S and the wet application I was a little nervous about drowning the phone, but I took my time and it was fine. This time on the Nexus 4, and my wife's One S, it was pretty smooth. I kept a microfiber cloth to soak up any excess water before it could drip anywhere I didn't want it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed