Are you using basic screen mode?

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
This is what they say about basic screen mode on the S6.

Basic Screen Mode with the Standard sRGB / Rec.709 Color Gamut
The Basic screen mode provides a very accurate Color and White Point calibration for the Standard sRGB/Rec.709 Color Gamut that is used to produce virtually all current consumer content for digital cameras, HDTVs, the internet, and computers, including photos, videos, and movies. The Color Gamut of the Basic screen mode is very accurate, with a nearly perfect 101 percent of the Standard sRGB/Rec.709 Color Gamut. Even better, the Absolute Color Accuracy for the Basic screen mode is an impressive 1.6 JNCD, tied with the Galaxy Note 4 for the most color accurate display that we have ever measured for a Smartphone or Tablet. It is visually indistinguishable from perfect, and very likely considerably better than your living room TV or any display that you own. See this Figure for an explanation and visual definition of JNCD and the Galaxy S6 Color Accuracy Plots showing the measured display Color Errors, our Absolute Color Accuracy Comparison of the leading Smartphones, and also this regarding Bogus Color Accuracy Measurements.

Use the Basic screen mode for the best color and image accuracy, which is especially important when viewing photos from family and friends (because you often know exactly what they actually should look like), for some TV shows, movies, and sporting events with image content and colors that you are familiar with, and also for viewing online merchandise, so you have a very good idea of exactly what colors you are buying and are less likely to return them. See the Color Accuracy section and the Color Accuracy Plots for measurements and details.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
"they" are assuming every picture ever taken is a "perfect picture" with all colors in the picture represented exactly as YOU see them with your eyes.

Just use whatever screen mode looks best to you and don't worry about it.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
No I don't.

To me, Basic mode and AMOLED photo mode both look bad. I know they're more accurate and true-to-life, but I don't like it. I prefer slightly oversaturated colours that 'pop' more.

I'm using the Adaptive display mode.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I had adaptive also all the way.
Since reading this I set it to basic.
Tend to go with it for today...it's 6 in the morning now...and I'll be back this evening and then switch back to adaptive and tell you what I think.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
No I don't.

To me, Basic mode and AMOLED photo mode both look bad. I know they're more accurate and true-to-life, but I don't like it. I prefer slightly oversaturated colours that 'pop' more.

Same, always used oversatured mode on all mine Samsung Amoled phones.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
No I don't.

Hang on, I thought you said the S6 screen was too saturated?

dreaming of electric sheep

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hang on, I thought you said the S6 screen was too saturated?

It is. Two modes I find are too understaturated, two are too oversaturated. Would have preferred if Samsung just make one mode in between. Would remove the need for 4 display settings.

Last edited:

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
It is. Two modes I find are too understaturated, two are too oversaturated. Would have preferred if Samsung just make one mode in between. Would remove the need for 4 display settings.

Yeh, I would prefer it was a little less saturated. If I could just control the colour calibration with a slider that would be the ultimate.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Hi-Tech theme yesterday and have been using it since. Switching to Basic Mode actually improves it. Instead of the whites glowing like a light, they're simply a color with the same luminance as the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz