Asus Messaging App will not send Photos

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I ran into this problem today, when attaching a photo to a text message the phone first says, "Too large, compressing...Converting to multimedia message" which is totally normal. But then it says "MMS is not supported by SIM 2". But I am not on SIM 2, I am using SIM 1.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to fix this? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's probably some default set in your messaging app for which SIM to use for MMS. (Or the MMS APN for SIM1 isn't set properly, so the phone tries to use SIM2.) See if your carrier's store can help you.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you using SIM 2 for phone calling, that is, is the sim card in the sim 2 slot for calling and the sim in sim 1 slot for data by any chance ?

Fred

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you on Wifi when you are having trouble sending? I think that message is just informative and is not an issue. I get that message but the MMS sends fine on data. It does not send on Wifi. It should temporarily switch over to data to send or receive MMS but it does not for me. But the message you mentioned I get on both data and Wifi and it still goes through on data.

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you on Wifi when you are having trouble sending? I think that message is just informative and is not an issue. I get that message but the MMS sends fine on data. It does not send on Wifi. It should temporarily switch over to data to send or receive MMS but it does not for me. But the message you mentioned I get on both data and Wifi and it still goes through on data.

Thank you, I was on Wifi. I turned it off and tried to send again and it worked! You're right, it should switch over to data but it's not doing it. Very strange. At least I figured out what was wrong thanks to your help. Thank you.

racersimage

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I was using the stock messenger until I realized that I had to turn off Wi-Fi everytime I wanted to send a photo. I switched back to the Google Messenger app that I was using on the Galaxy S5 and pics send with Wi-Fi on.

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, MMS would not download with wifi on. Had to disable wifi to download MMS. Switched over the hangout for all messaging needs. Problem solved. Force closed the Asus messaging app and hide it.

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not getting texts of any kind at all with Google messenger as my default app. I can send them, and photos but no replies. Soon as I switch back to ASUS messenger I can receive texts again. This is with T-Mobile and using 2 SIMs but with T-Mobile in the first SIM slot. All those that switched to Google or other SMS apps may want to send some test texts to themselves from another phone to make sure you are receiving them. Im going back to the Asus messenger app and just turn off WIFI whenever I send a photo in a text until they find a fix.

Last edited: