ASUS ZenWatch & Samsung Galaxy Note 5 won't pair, how can I get them to pair?

edmondchung168

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
ASUS ZenWatch & Samsung Galaxy Note 5

My Note 5 will not pair with my ZenWatch. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is it a firmware issue? Or is it because an update has not yet been made for the new pair?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: ASUS ZenWatch & Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Welcome to Android Central! How many times did you try? When I first paired my Zenwatch with my Zenfone 2 (after it had been paired with my Nexus 5), it took a few tries before it finally connected. Forget the Zenwatch on the phone, then try pairing it again, and repeat the process several times to see if it finally works.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

For each phone you need to factory reset it IF the watch was previously paired with another phone

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

For each phone you need to factory reset it IF the watch was previously paired with another phone

Factory reset the watch? I don't remember having to do that. Then again, I am starting to get old ... :-[

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Factory reset the watch? I don't remember having to do that. Then again, I am starting to get old ... :-[

Yeah. When I switched from my s6, I couldn't figure out why my watch wouldn't pair. I went online and found that I had to factory reset the watch.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I had to do the same exact thing. Refused to pair until I did a factory reset. Fortunately, it goes fairly quick, maybe 5 minutes total off memory.

Hunts99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Agree with everyone here. Factory reset worked for me. Now if the "Smart Lock" would work I would be good to go (Note is encrypted/password protected...setup worked fine on my M8, but not on the 5)....

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: ASUS ZenWatch & Samsung Galaxy Note 5 won't pair, how can I get them to pair?

So, here is a twist on the reset thing. I have a zenwatch and note 5 phone. I was having issues with the phone, so I did the Reset Settings option in backup and reset. This option states Your phone will be reset to its factory default settings except the security, language and account settings....Which is great, because I gained a few hours of battery life because of it, but now my zenwatch will not pair with android wear or zenwatch manager. I have reset the watch, multiple times, uninstalled the apps, cleared cache partitions, installed one app, then attempted to connect, but nothing is helping. I do not want to fully reset my phone, so I am not sure what my options are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy