AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I am new to android, i came from Iphone. I really like the note 3 but i miss the way apple seems so easy to update and backup ! Of course i am new , so a bit of a learning curve is expected. I got KitKat and noticed a bit oof a battery issue so i did the factory reset. Being only a few weeks old, it wasnt much of a hassle to get it back to where i want it. Im glad i didnt have several apps and settings to reconfigure though !!

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am new to android, i came from Iphone. I really like the note 3 but i miss the way apple seems so easy to update and backup ! Of course i am new , so a bit of a learning curve is expected. I got KitKat and noticed a bit oof a battery issue so i did the factory reset. Being only a few weeks old, it wasnt much of a hassle to get it back to where i want it. Im glad i didnt have several apps and settings to reconfigure though !!

There are a ton of bloatware and other pointless things I don't use (like swipe gestures) that you can turn off in the settings to help out on the battery... Try to disable anything you don't use. I am still new to the Note 3. But I have learned from trial and error.

Posted via Android Central App

DEAD SE-RIOUS

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you check to see if your device actually is updated to 4.4.2 KitKat? If you are, goto SETTING>DEVICE>LOCKSCREEN> Find, "SHORTCUTS" and see if Camera is selected.

Yea I'm sure. Def been updated. Somehow it doesn't show up while I have my security activated. When I don't have my password activated.... The camera option shows up in the lock screen. When I turn it back on....camera option is gone.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm sure. Def been updated. Somehow it doesn't show up while I have my security activated. When I don't have my password activated.... The camera option shows up in the lock screen. When I turn it back on....camera option is gone.

That's how it's designed to work. Locking the phone would be useless if everyone could bypass the lock by going to the camera.

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly how it's suppose to work! Why would they make it so easy for someone to get into the phone via camera?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm just at the point I just wish I could get the update! Went into Best Buy and they didn't have the update at the Samsung station either. Did a factory reset and the whole deal and still check and then get the come back in 24 hours deal.

Posted via Android Central App

eazyweazy3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting "Internet connection is unstable" numerous times a day. It's frustrating because I know my wifi is fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with reception after kitkat update. My 4glte signal cuts out then freezes intermittently. Yes I did do a factory reset after b the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
What I mean by cuts-out is that it loses the signal then it come back to full bars, but then I still lose reception. Full bars b UT data does not work or call does not work.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would take the S.I.M. card out after a battery pull and re-insert it after 5 minutes. Evaluate again and if still problematic have AT&T provide a new S.I.M. card. This is at least what I would begin with.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, you stated that a factory reset was done but I would also wipe the partition cache if you have not already done so with the S.I.M. card in it. Then if there are still problems I would get a new S.I.M. card and let AT&T activate.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

eman619

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just did the sim thing. So far so good but I'll have to wait till the entire day is over.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Network Signal Info is a good application to see what is going on with your connection and signal strength as well as other technical information.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

I have to manually reconnect to wifi everytime I get home now.

I noticed that my home WiFi disconnects for the duration of voice calls, then re-connects within 30 seconds after I hang up. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to keep WiFi connected during voice calls?

I thought that KitKat would fix this, but after updating to KitKat, I am still experiencing the same issue.

(I posed this in another thread, but posting here again, since this remains an issue in KitKat)

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Ok, I think I found the only bug since updating 2 weeks ago. When I access the lockscreen, there are times when my clock is not updated there. This morning, when I unlocked, it said 7:07 AM when it was actually after 9 AM. Oh well, if that's my only issue, compared to others here, I'm doing just fine!.