AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T KitKat for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Report Issues and Problems Here

Unfortunately, I can confirm that both Foxfi and the Hotspot widget become inoperable in creating a wifi hotspot. Do not upgrade to KK if you want to maintain this ability until someone has provided information on another way to access. I would like to back down to JB but not certain how to do this yet or should I wait until information has been provided about creating hotspot on the KK platform.

tonyl321

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Issue: everyone on here is talking how they already have 4.4.2 and I'm still on 4.3. I'm not even able to download it. I've tried everything possible, but every time it just says "software update interrupted." I've tried to go see a Samsung rep at best buy. Every time I go they have already left. WTF!!

Posted via Android Central App

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Issue: everyone on here is talking how they already have 4.4.2 and I'm still on 4.3. I'm not even able to download it. I've tried everything possible, but every time it just says "software update interrupted." I've tried to go see a Samsung rep at best buy. Every time I go they have already left. WTF!!

I think I may have posted this in here already but I'm still having that issue too. I went to Best Buy a few days ago and the Samsung support area didn't have the update in their system. The tech guy pulled out his AT&T N3 and proceeded to tell me it wasn't available yet as he was checking his phone. Sure enough it came up on his and he just gave me a dumbfounded look! From all the issues going on with KK it sounds like the inability of my phone to update might be a blessing in disguise.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't update. To many bugs. I got mine replaced tonight. I'm back on 4.3. Hopefully I can stay on it and it won't prompt me to update cause I don't want to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Are or were you rooted? How did you purchase your phone? Through AT&T?

If you were rooted, then that's probably your problem. If you didn't purchase your phone directly from AT&T and activate it through them, that that could be your problem. You have a couple of options:

1. Take it to Samsung or AT&T and have them reflash software, they will do it.

2. Follow this process: [12/29] Restore for MJ5 --Doesn't trip Knox and optionally provides root-- - xda-developers

3. Do nothing, and stay on 4.3 :-D

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I recommend this from personal experience until they iron out the bugs in 4.4.2. This is just my opinion though.

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
^ It must be asked. Have you performed a complete wipe of the device and a re-install from scratch ? Also, if not this is what you need to do with the wipe but before installing all of your stuff....just get the basics back.... try using the GPS to see if it is still unstable. I know that may be inconvenient and you may not have time but if you can take a drive and the GPS still drops it may be worth considering a warranty exchange due to that and all the other problems present with a nearly factory fresh device. You may be able to prove the 4.4.2 update messed up your device so AT&T will resolve the problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Thanks for the suggestions, no I did not wipe my phone. It was silly of me to think that an upgrade would go smoothly without a clean slate. I will do a clean wipe and see how it goes

tonyl321

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I did purchase my phone un activated(contracts are horrible) that's what I think the problem may be. I went to the Samsung kiosk at best buy yesterday, but it was a new rep and she had no idea what she was doing. I luckily work next door to it today do I'm gonna try in like 15 min.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I did purchase my phone un activated(contracts are horrible) that's what I think the problem may be. I went to the Samsung kiosk at best buy yesterday, but it was a new rep and she had no idea what she was doing. I luckily work next door to it today do I'm gonna try in like 15 min.

Yeah, I really believe that is your issue. Hopefully you'll find another Rep at the Bestbuy that knows what they are doing.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried hooking your phone to a computer with Keis software. It should check what is avaliable from Samsung and flash it for you if you like.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, no I did not wipe my phone. It was silly of me to think that an upgrade would go smoothly without a clean slate. I will do a clean wipe and see how it goes

After you wipe the device give it a couple days for the update to settle and a chance for some applications to be updated. You should hopefully experience a noticeable increase in battery life like several of us here have and in your case a GPS that is fixed. The GPS issue was supposed to also be addressed in the AT&T 4.4.2 update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

greasemuntney

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I found my battery draw. Had to go back and select manual update in my email settings. Went from 15-20% battery used in 4 hours to 3-8% used. Made a huge difference.

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
On T-Mobile, had some of the issues you guys are talking about, especially with the battery. Did a hard reset and all my problems have been fixed, just make sure you back up everything you want to keep. Anyway, battery is good as new, lasts me a good 2 days now from the just barely one day.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

chucky028

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my Note 3 to the 4.4.2 and before the update the camera had a setting, there you could select the destination of the picture (Device or SD) and many more features, now it just letting me take pictures and nothing else, the calendar had a menu as well and the Spen was able to pop up the information of the day by just putting it on top, now it's very large, lost the menu as well and Spen pop up feature, the Dial pad was like any normal pad and know it's really big

Philip Butin

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 3 with ATT. I am having several frustrating issues since I did the KitKat update: 1) rather than now having "a choice" regarding default sms app as some reviews have suggested, my experience is that I had a choice with 4.3 (I like to use several messaging apps simultaneously to get the different values of each....) and now I am forced to make one particular messaging app the default in order to use it at all. Popups keep telling me I can't "unlock all the features" unless I make it the default. So I can't easily switch between messaging apps as I could with 4.3. Is there a way to disable this and run several messaging apps at once without a default? 2) the nice weather features on the Note (weather on the calendar and lock screen) don't work, even though the boxes are still there and are checked for these options. 3) There was a way on the original OS for the Note 3 to swipe sideways on the lock screen and go to a quick menu of programs. Perhaps I haven't found how to get there yet, but now I can't use/find this feature, which I liked. 4) I'm not sure about this yet, but I think several programs that used to allow me to write files to my external SD card no longer read the SD card or allow writing to it.

Any help anyone can provide regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

labarge

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had an iPhone 4s for 2.5 years and I want to get either the S5 or Note 3. But hearing about all the problems people have been having with their Note 3 with KitKat has been making me reconsider. Do people have these issues if they purchase a new Note 3 from the carrier (ATT in my case) with KitKat already installed?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 3 with ATT. I am having several frustrating issues since I did the KitKat update: 1) rather than now having "a choice" regarding default sms app as some reviews have suggested, my experience is that I had a choice with 4.3 (I like to use several messaging apps simultaneously to get the different values of each....) and now I am forced to make one particular messaging app the default in order to use it at all. Popups keep telling me I can't "unlock all the features" unless I make it the default. So I can't easily switch between messaging apps as I could with 4.3. Is there a way to disable this and run several messaging apps at once without a default? 2) the nice weather features on the Note (weather on the calendar and lock screen) don't work, even though the boxes are still there and are checked for these options. 3) There was a way on the original OS for the Note 3 to swipe sideways on the lock screen and go to a quick menu of programs. Perhaps I haven't found how to get there yet, but now I can't use/find this feature, which I liked. 4) I'm not sure about this yet, but I think several programs that used to allow me to write files to my external SD card no longer read the SD card or allow writing to it.

Any help anyone can provide regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

1. It does appear you are right kinda. Just for giggles I enabled hangouts for messaging and it set it as my default. As soon as I selected the original one it wanted to make it the default. I could ignore the message though and get past it. So both still appear to be usable.

2.Weather is working fine here. You may want to try reseting the weather app and clearing it's cache.

3. That is a option in the lock screen settings.

4. SD Card access may require a update to the apps. Google added a kind of security around app data on the sd Card. If the app hasn't been updated for the kit katt API's it may have issues.

Before you get upset about that and blame Samsung or Google please don't forget that nexus and Google edition phones have had Kit Katt for several months.

Last edited:

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how many there are left out there, but I'm one of those who still don't have the update available according to my phone. Anyone else??

Beachbum37

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I still do not have it either. Kies and software update still says I have the current version. I am going to stop checking, not sure if I am keeping the phone much longer.