AT&T Marshmallow release possible for 3-11-16

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
No update yet here in Elyria, OH. I did just get off chat with AT&T and the rep indicated it is rolling out now.

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Getting update now. It can't be the security update, as that was pushed to my phone the other day. Will report back once finished.

Edit: Weird. It appears it was another security patch? Hmm

Last edited:

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an AT&T Rep. They have no timeline for the Marshmallow Update. For what it's worth.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm personally content with 5.1.1 on my device. I average 6-7 hours SOT and 22-26 hours between charges usually. Thing is blazing fast as well.

There is no other features in 6.0 that I want or need with the exception being removal of the teal color all over the place.

I have my PDP app set to disable AT&T software updates.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery has turned to crap with the security update. Android OS is eating my battery alive. Not sure what's going on.

Posted via the Android Central App
Same here. Then I decided to reset to factory and set up as new phone, my note 5 is back to live and even smoother than before. Battery last longer too.
I know it's a pain to reset to new.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna do a factory reset but I was waiting for marshmallow to come first. Unfortunately ATT is taking their time to ruin the update with their bloat

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with an Asus Zenwatch 2

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I was curious if it's better to have automatic restore turned off after a factory reset or does it not matter?

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna do a factory reset but I was waiting for marshmallow to come first. Unfortunately ATT is taking their time to ruin the update with their bloat

This. I thought resetting would possibly fix the drain, however I was planning on doing a full wipe once MM dropped. I supposed doing two wouldn't be all that bad... lol

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of doing 2 factory resets too but then I would need to set up all my apps twice. I would only restore my contacts and photos, everything else would be fresh.

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and no update but, interestingly, it only times me out for 20 minutes. Usually it's a whole day. Will now frantically push the update button every 21 minutes. :) I'm an *****

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar