At&t Note 5 Reception issues

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
It isn't Samsung products. I've had almost all the Samsung products on AT&T and now T-Mobile. My signal issues with AT&T were in expected areas or when there was a network issue.

My S6 Edge was on TMO and my reception was great.

My experience with AT&T is that it isn't easy to get them to look into a network issue. I worked for over a year with AT&T and that issue. Get a supervisor and tell them you want an ICU case opened and someone to contact you that is handling that case. With that many phones exchanged, and of with a new phone, shouldn't be an issue to get an ICU case opened.

Thanks for the response, but I'm pretty sure they did an ICU. Do you mean a trouble ticket? That was done and it came back that it was the phone, not the network and their remedy was a replacement phone. ( if that makes any sense)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response, but I'm pretty sure they did an ICU. Do you mean a trouble ticket? That was done and it came back that it was the phone, not the network and their remedy was a replacement phone. ( if that makes any sense)

Yeah and they told me the same thing though about 15 phone exchanges until they finally got an engineer out to the area.

No, an ICU case is different, it is called an ICU case.

vblok0910#WP

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

Thanks, I will try that. I will keep you posted.

KBaby4209

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with my note 4 not getting calls. People would tell me they called but my phone never rang and I never had a missed call notification. I had my phone at sprint three times and still no fix. When I went back for the fourth time they swapped my phone out and since they had no note 4's in stock I got upgraded to a note 5. My phone worked fine over the weekend calls were coming through Monday I decided to log in to my Facebook messenger after I did that I did not receive calls again. So I cleared all data from that and stopped using it signing out and everything. I can't uninstall bc it's preloaded. Since then my calls are coming through again. My mom also had an issue not getting calls on her lg g3 on at&t she also has the messenger app downloaded. So if you ha s messenger and are not getting your calls DELETE it! It has solved my receiving calls issues and my mother's.

Posted via the Android Central App

Corbino22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I am happy to hear I am not the only one having these terrible problems with their Samsung Note 5!!!

I got my first Note 5 the day it came out here in Canada with Bell and it was amazing for 2 weeks before it COMPLETELY lost reception everywhere! it would get a text or two when I restarted it but that was it!!

Then after 2 weeks I exchanged it for another brand new Note 5!! Which lasted me 3 weeks (past exchange period) until it started giving me SPOTTY reception!! As a Realtor this was killing me so bad!

I am not told I have to send the phone in which they will likely replace and send to me but I have to go 2 weeks without a proper phone (which I live off of for my job lol)....is there any hope?!

I see that a new phone seemed to work for at least one of you here...I was hoping to hear that there was something we could do ourself to fix the issue as it seems mysterious that after 2 weeks the phone doesn't work in ceratin areas anymore...I have tech line support troubleshooted for hours and it just doesn't make any sense other than a bad BATCH of Note 5's??

Help ? Any ideas before I send it in again ?!

kajoey

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello! I created an AC account just to reply to your post when I was scrolling through my news stand this morning. You are definitely not the only one with dropped calls and reception issues on the newer samsung devices with the AT&T network. I actually work in the android tech support department there and I've dealt with multiple users with the same issue. Sounds like we've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already with your device and even created a case for it, but I didn't read anywhere in your post if we had you disable the Enhanced 4G LTE services in your settings. AT&T is starting to roll out HD Voice in a lot of markets and a lot of people are having problems with it. It's essentially voice over LTE. I would try turning this setting off, I've had it resolve a lot of call quality issues. The setting is under your mobile networks setting right where you turn off your mobile data. Hope this helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

I was having the samenissues as the OP and disabling HD voice solved the problem. Thanks. But, what's going to happen when i want to enable HD voice?

Corbino22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I have had the EXACT same issue as I stated above... On my second note 5 and also had this note 5 reset at repair place... Now Samsung is saying I need to take it in for repair 2 more times before they will replace... How is your replacement holding up??

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see some screenshots that include the phone signal with people having the issue.

The Note 5 isn't having a reception problem at all. A low signal, a network issue.. Yeah, maybe, not a Note 5 issue though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: At&t Note 5 Reception issues

LTE is also a funny thing. If a tower close to you doesn't have LTE, a 3 G phone will get great signal but the LTE phone will skip over that close tower and go to a weaker LTE signal further away.

Last edited:

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second note 5 due to antenna issues. I could not get reception in Dallas or fort worth. Always had one bar and would only get full if I was directly next to a tower. It sacked trying to use the Internet and was not able to, while friends around me had no issues. I previously had an HTC one m9 and while in my living room, got 4 bars. With my first note, I only got one bar.
My current note 5 is fine as of now and I hope it stays that way.
I do believe there's a few out there with issues. My first note also came out of the box with the suit pen clicker broken off. There's definitely some with issues

aromao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue as far as reception for mine and my fiance's phone. Now I am out of the warranty period and all they want to do is exchange for a new note 5 through warranty. I dont feel this will resolve the issues as I think it has to do with the software or a poor antenna. I had the exact same issues with an old samsung s4 which turned out to be a software issue. Please let me know if you get this resolved as I am now only left with limited options. Last case resort I will have to change carriers and have them pay my disconnection fees.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue as far as reception for mine and my fiance's phone. Now I am out of the warranty period and all they want to do is exchange for a new note 5 through warranty. I dont feel this will resolve the issues as I think it has to do with the software or a poor antenna. I had the exact same issues with an old samsung s4 which turned out to be a software issue. Please let me know if you get this resolved as I am now only left with limited options. Last case resort I will have to change carriers and have them pay my disconnection fees.
With my replacement I have had zero issues. The new phone is flawless.

aromao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So far I have unchecked mine as well and nomore dropped calls I will see how it goes this weekend. I just dont know why they would have an option there to be used which would cause issues. Maybe down the line after a software update I will give it a try again to see if the enhanced 4g lte starts to work better. Thanks

Scott Usher

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the Note 5 Also
Have the same exact problems. Place a call, Say hello. then the person on the other end cannot hear what I am saying. It goes away after about 25 seconds, but most people hang up well before that time expires. I do know that AT&T is aware of the problem with these phones, but not sure what is being done about the problem. We have 20 lines and we are having the problem with 3 phone #s. All 3 have switched our complete phones 3 times, Including going from a Note 4 to a 5. Same problem no matter which phone those individual #s use. The rest of our Phone lines have no issues whatsoever. Has to be a problem with certain phone #s and unfortunately, I have one of those defective ones. Switching phones does not help. Clearly a network problem.

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If possible, exchange the phone. I am on my third note and the speed of this phone and reception vs the other two is night and day. My new one is blazing fast, has excellent reception and I couldn't be happier. As expensive as these phones are, you should expect perfection

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: At&t Note 5 Reception issues

I was to the point of insanity.. Haha on a serious note I was very disheartened after dealing with defective phone. I began to believe I was doing something wrong. I've now had my replacement for nearly 2 months and it is everything it should have been. No reception issues and it is blazing fast. Keep after it, the end result is worth it.

water214

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
When I remove my Spigen Neo Hybrid case with a metal band, my cell reception improves. I just ordered another case without a metal band

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126