AT&T order has changed to "Preparing to ship"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the hold charge on my credit card was gone so I went to check my order and it has switched to Preparing to Ship! Still says estimated ship dates April 19th to 20th. So not sure if it'll come early but I'm hopeful!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
With the mass amounts of phones they will have to ship out this can be expected. If they waited till couple days before launch day to start packing phones up for shipping, most would not get them on release date.

If this is true, looks like they are planning on doing the S8 shipping like the N7. They shipped phones with future date delivery.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I know its important to some but on the preorders for the LG G6 from AT&T it seemed as if they finally kept the phones in its original boxes.

Previous preorders ( all the ones I've gotten ) AT&T switched out the phones to their fugly orange and white boxes.

I guess it's all about the " unboxing " experience ?! It never made a big difference to me but it'll be nice to have the nice , original Samsung boxes for once

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I know its important to some but on the preorders for the LG G6 from AT&T it seemed as if they finally kept the phones in its original boxes.

Previous preorders ( all the ones I've gotten ) AT&T switched out the phones to their fugly orange and white boxes.

I guess it's all about the " unboxing " experience ?! It never made a big difference to me but it'll be nice to have the nice , original Samsung boxes for once

AT&T stopped switching out the boxes a couple years ago I think. It was a big issue because they were also removing some of the OEM accessories like the headphones.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Yah they shouldn't be doing that anymore. When i got my S7E i got the original Samsung box

Tim_Weaver

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the hold charge on my credit card was gone so I went to check my order and it has switched to Preparing to Ship! Still says estimated ship dates April 19th to 20th. So not sure if it'll come early but I'm hopeful!

My preorder on AT&T also say preparing to ship. I thought it always showed that from day one of placing my order. What did it actually show? I didn't pay close attention.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yah they shouldn't be doing that anymore. When i got my S7E i got the original Samsung box

Yeah, but, when I got a Note 7, it was in the horrible AT&T box. Then, I had to turn in my Note 7 for a new Note 7 in a new horrible AT&T box. Well, you know how this ends up. I had to turn in the Note 7 for good and go back to the S7 Edge...in a Samsung box!!

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I agree. A new flagship phone is costly. You are shelling out considerable bucks to get it whether all at once or a little at a time. You are entitled to enjoy the full unboxing experience for your money (I watch unboxing videos on YouTube just for the vicariously thrill). AT&T takes this privilege - that we paid for - away from us when they package our precious new devices in those god-awful boxes.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree. A new flagship phone is costly. You are shelling out considerable bucks to get it whether all at once or a little at a time. You are entitled to enjoy the full unboxing experience for your money (I watch unboxing videos on YouTube just for the vicariously thrill). AT&T takes this privilege - that we paid for - away from us when they package our precious new devices in those god-awful boxes.

I still have several of my Note boxes. They were so nice and sturdy that I kept them thinking I could use them for something.... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.